Webmaster Sun Login
Not a member yet? Sign up

How did you earn your first dollar online?

• HOME
  • FORUMS
  • BLOGS
  • MARKETPLACE
  • ADVERTISING
  • SPECIAL OFFERS
  • WEB HOSTING
  • QUICK MENU
  • REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks

How did you earn your first dollar online?

I would like to hear how everyone made there first couple of dollars online?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    Hello, nice question.
    I have been in the online business for some time and I have few things to share.
    I started making money from Google Adsense and Now I still use it but my focus today is selling websites on Flippa.
    I love to help and I am willing to teach anyone who needs a help to start making money online.
    I am serious about it okay.
    Thanks for reading,
    Talk soon........

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 33/1
    Given: 18/1
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by limaromeo View Post
    Hello, nice question.
    I have been in the online business for some time and I have few things to share.
    I started making money from Google Adsense and Now I still use it but my focus today is selling websites on Flippa.
    Please read this post on my blog moneymaker.click/home-building-websites and get in touch with me if you have any questions.
    I love to help and I am willing to teach anyone who needs a help to start making money online.
    I am serious about it okay.
    Thanks for reading,
    Talk soon........
    I see this is your first post and was pondering deleting it as spammed advertisements. However your post is relevant to the discussion and helpful so I will leave it.

The first dollar I made online was back in 2009 building proxies and using Adsense to monetize the homepage. Learned a lot in the year but not enough.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 111/0
    Given: 41/1
    Thanks
    I found vintage books at thrift stores and estate sales, then resold on Ebay, Amazon, and Abe. Made a pretty penny doing it, was just a lot of work. Sometimes I would show up to an estate sale only to find tons of crap books. Im in Ventura county CA and the Vintage book space is pretty competitive out here.

When I was in MI, there wasn't anyone doing it though. So the thrift stores out there are gold mines.

Biggest profit on a book was around $400 (can't recall exactly). How To Sell Your Way Through Life by Napoleon Hill. I liked it more than Think And Grow Rich. Actually regret selling it now, but I was hurting for cash at the time.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 55/0
    Given: 3/0
    Thanks
    Adsense way back in the days. It was easy money then but Google made changes to counter SEO and then the Ad blockers became popular. It was a double whammy. I also promoted credit cards as an affiliate and that was good money too but then some of the affiliate marketing networks went out of business while others made it much harder to join their networks. This is the one thing newbies should learn about Internet Marketing, that there's always going to be factors that will be beyond your control. Always put that into consideration before investing into any business.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 69/2
    Given: 33/0
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjock View Post
    I got my first few dollars out of an Indie Game I had developed. It was exactly as $17 in three months (looking great right?). Gamejolt shares their revenue with developers and so it was then when I interested to start making money online.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 111/0
    Thanks
    I think the first money I made online was through doing paid surveys (wouldn't recommend it). That didn't last long. My sister got me into that. After that, I made some money by writing. More specifically, I published written content to sites and got paid for my submissions. I wasn't a fan of that because I'm a slacker, and the pay didn't seem to be enough for the work I put in. :-) After that, I got into affiliate marketing. At first, I promoted stuff on free sites (these days are long gone). Once they started changing the rules, getting hit by the changes in search engine algorithms and all that, I started publishing content on my own sites. You didn't ask for all that. I talk too much - ha.

Joey

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WebmasterPhil View Post
    Adsense way back in the days. It was easy money then but Google made changes to counter SEO and then the Ad blockers became popular. It was a double whammy. I also promoted credit cards as an affiliate and that was good money too but then some of the affiliate marketing networks went out of business while others made it much harder to join their networks. This is the one thing newbies should learn about Internet Marketing, that there's always going to be factors that will be beyond your control. Always put that into consideration before investing into any business.
    I used to love the amount of ad revenue google adsense generated back in the day. I used to run a small host of proxies and having this websites submitted to proxy.xxx for $5 generated me over $100 in adsense revenue. My first adsense cheque was way over $1000 and sadly the last time I attended such a project the revenue was shocking!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Thanks
    My first dollar I earn online is by Selling E-Books
    Online.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Hello, nice start. I started doing lots of things from fiverr to iwriter where I could write lots of articles. But that was a good start to take me where I am today. I am still writing posts but now I do that for my blogs. I write good quality articles in Portuguese which is my main language and in English too.
    THe thing is Adsense pays much more for a click in English websites than in Portuguese websites. Probably due to the ROI, the conversion in USA or English language countries are much higher than in Brazil for example. That is why the cost per click is better in terms of payout, I guess. I can be wrong. Not sue but that is my personal guess.

I used to create some ebook covers and selling articles too. That time is gone but it worth a try if someone needs to get a start and get ready for the next phase of online marketing.

I also suggest new marketers to take a look on Flippa and search for websites that are being sold in the niche that has something they like to get the hands on.
    Nothing is easy on Internet Marketing and I also suggest new guys to stay way from get rich schemes. There is no such thing.

Cheers...........

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 340/7
    Given: 62/9
    Thanks
    First money was made promoting adult affiliate programs. Can't remember which ones, been so long.

Just built sites, drove traffic, SEO. Good ads on sites. That's about it.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 302/0
    Given: 93/0
    Thanks
    I completely understand and get what you're looking for here, however,
    what I am about to say has NOTHING to do with how I made my FIRST
    dollar. For most of us veterans, what we did back then to earn our 1st
    dollar wouldn't work anymore anyway, no matter how hard we try now
    a days. Times have changed...

So, let me tell you the one KEY element to making money anywhere, at
    any time, in any niche...

Relationship Building

Building a relationship with your visitors, subscribers, members, customers,
    (it doesn't matter who they are) is the #1 KEY TO SUCCESS, PERIOD!!!

And I don't care WHAT you're selling... My grandmother used to tell me that
    she could sell "ketchup freeze pops" to eskimos anyday, anytime... and she
    was right.

She had a way about her that she could finesse anyone into buying ANYTHING,
    because she found a way to relate to them. She built a strong relationship with
    everyone she came in contact with and THAT is what any half-way decent sales
    person will do.

For the record though, the first dollar I made online was by reselling web site
    hosting services dirt cheap... Back then, I was able to purchase a dedicated
    server with a whopping 1GB storage, 25GB of bandwidth and 1,500 POP3
    accounts. all for just $895 - I shit you not, again, times have changed, LOL.
    I resold 25MB hosting accounts for $39.95 per month and actually did fairly
    well.

Try selling a 25MB hosting account for $40 today and you'd end up getting
    as far as a pope's fart on a hot day in the middle of his sermon. But, back
    then (showing my age here a little, lol), the internet was so new that $40
    was a fair price. (back then, domains were only available from 2 or 3 registrars
    and would cost $35 per year and you HAD to register them for a minimum
    of 2 years. I would resell those too, but didn't make much on that end, lol)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Thanks
    My dollars online was joining a HIYP Program few years ago. After that, I gave up making money online. I have just come back for a month. Hope to earn more money by better way.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 314/0
    Given: 24/0
    Thanks
    I sold a book back in the 90's on how to make money with classified ads. Buyers had to mail in a check and then I emailed them the book. Sold it on BBS's also before the net really took off.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Thanks
    My first dollar online it's about 3 years ago. It's have a program call : Digital Generation. When I have $1 I truly didn't know how to withdraw. 6 months later after I asked and research about Alertpay ( Payza now ) then I Knew and touch $1 for REAL. It's a awesome moment!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    that was about a year ago.. affiliate marketing with youtube and facebook

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    I've been in the online organization for some time and I have few things to reveal.
    I started making money from Google Adsense and Now We still use it but my personal focus today is offering websites about Flippa.
    I love to help and I is happy to teach anyone that needs an assist to start earning money online.
    I have always been serious about that okay.
    Nice reading,
    Discussion soon

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/1
    Given: 15/0
    Thanks
    My first income was Product launch. I created a website and tried to promote a new launch product. I only got 3 sale but it's an accetpable result for a beginer . I'm working on the second site now, you can see it in my signature below.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Thanks
    I think my first ever sale online was selling on eBay... Gotta start somewhere I guess :P

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 85/3
    Given: 108/2
    Thanks
    My first dollar came from PTR (paid to read), in the past time I spend much time to read email everyday to earn money. It's not much income so It the first money I made online. That was fantastic

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Thanks
    I did the PTC sites. At that time, many sites were offering 5 cents per click. This was pretty easy work and it was fast for me to cash out. Then things went down hill with these sites and they only started to offer a fraction of a penny, which was not worth the time or effort.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 47/0
    Given: 10/0
    Thanks
    Amazon for me. I used to own a horror affiliate store. dvd's, posters that type of thing.
    Earned about $10 first month.not enough to cash out tho. I had to wait until the next month when i made more.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 8/0
    Thanks
    My first niche was a job vacancy website. I promoted only on Facebook and Twitter. I would join over 30 Facebook groups posting jobs listed on my website, and I was consistently making $4 a day and up to $8 from Google Adsense, but then they started cancelling my clicks after I started getting over the $200 mark for a couple of months. I still have the domain name, but I just stopped working on it.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 21/0
    Given: 42/0
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyoverlord View Post
    My first niche was a job vacancy website. I promoted only on Facebook and Twitter. I would join over 30 Facebook groups posting jobs listed on my website, and I was consistently making $4 a day and up to $8 from Google Adsense, but then they started cancelling my clicks after I started getting over the $200 mark for a couple of months. I still have the domain name, but I just stopped working on it.
    Started mainly with Adsense as well. In recent times Google Adsense program has changed. That's why some have switched their site building over to using affiliate programs (Amazon and diverse programs) and product creation(ebooks, software downloads, saas) with newsletters.

It's nice to see the variety of ways people have made their first few dollars! Thanks OP : )

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/0
    Given: 3/0
    Thanks
    I made my first dollar online by completing online surveys but that was obviously very annoying and made me very little money. So I decided to do Internet Marketing which has completely changed my life financially. I definitely don't recommend anyone doing surveys for money because it's a complete waste of time and it wont even make you enough money to pay your bills. Good Luck to everyone.

Newer Threads

1. mrjock
    EpicGlobalWeb
    Replies: 2 | Views: 737
    Last post by EpicGlobalWeb, 10-11-2016, 01:59 AM
  2. mrjock
    TCoder
    Replies: 16 | Views: 2073
    Last post by TCoder, 09-16-2016, 03:03 PM
  3. fastpenguin91
    Developer
    Replies: 5 | Views: 1369