How to make good hosting business online?

johnbrent609

I and my friend started a hosting business few months ago but even hard work but we still get so much struggle and were able to get few clients only. I need some advice from the experienced hosting providers here that how can I make things better for our company and get more clients to earn a reasonable profit?

vishwa

Hosting Industry is highly competitive. So, you have to work hard on your marketing. You may use PPC programs like Bing ads, Google Adwords etc. to give a initial boost. It is also advisable that you should provide some discounts or coupons for new sign ups. Participate in Web hosting forums. Hope it will help you.

RDO Servers

Web Hosting is not a easy business to succede in!

Persistence is key. Plan on it taking at least 2 years before you are turning a reasonable profit.

Best of luck to you!

SenseiSteve

In order for us to really help, we need to know more about what you've already tried, other than working really hard. Have you advertised anywhere? Have you hit your local market? Have you networked in your community? How many and which forums are you posting on? What is your niche?

Waqass

Well for me the success was marketing on different forums. You should have known that there are thousands of hosting companies popping out every year. Just thanks to the re seller services and other affiliated services. So for you to stand out in this throat cutting competition focus a niche or your local area. Then optimize your site for it with proper seo,almost free hosting coupons and in the end marketing. I hope this will give you some clients but in the end patience is the key to this business.

ulterios

Starting a hosting business and earning a good profit from it is going to be a hard task. There are so many that come and go and the competition is very high and the profit margins are usually very low.

I think that it's going to take a good marketing effort to help grow your client base and I would suggest a good social media campaign using all the top social media websites. Getting some good reviews on hosting blogs might also help but I would stay away from the low quality, junk type hosting review sites.

You just need to get as many eyes as possible on your business and hope that people like what they see.

Good Luck. ;)

ElixantTechnology

Best bet... Don't. I'm not saying this because I am a hosting provider trying to squash out competition; I am saying this because the industry is extremely cut throat with new companies popping up every day run by people who have at least a decade of experience in the industry. You need money, and lots of it if you are going to succeed. It took EZ Servers (Elixant Technology) two years almost before becoming profitable, and that's after two years of eating expenses.

Unless you have experience in the industry and are able to offer an added point to your customers that other companies cannot offer, it can take even longer before turning a profit.

Rob Whisonant

Go LOCAL... Get out and start contacting businesses in your local town. Offer basic websites for free if they host with you. Get out and beat the streets. Don't try to go global and compete with all the other general hosting companies, especially if you are really just a reseller and not a full blown host.

nickson

Main is Forums posting or advertising with unique content , Use Google Adwards, Boost your Facebook post, put some Interesting discounts, Ask your clients to leave a note or review about the service on website blog or social media pages, Submit product coupons, promote your service through guest blogging sites. hope these points will help you to grow your hosting business online

JonaHost

A good way to start is to market in your area. Yes do some local advertising in newspaper and offer your community a discount with some other benefits like free migration/first month free etc.

praveenk

I and my friend started a hosting business few months ago but even hard work but we still get so much struggle and were able to get few clients only. I need some advice from the experienced hosting providers here that how can I make things better for our company and get more clients to earn a reasonable profit?
To become successful web hosting company, try to run unique advertising/promotional campaign and test it on daily basis and change it . Try to promote your web hosting company on active forums, blogs and social media as they all are hot leads.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views