Giving up a backlink in exchange for directing to landing/lead page

fastpenguin91

So as I research more, it seems that a Landing page/optin page is the best place to put new web site visitors. The goal is to get them to subscribe to your email list over anything else, (besides making a sale). So if I post a youtube video, or whatever other type of marketing, if I was to send them to a landing page, I get a higher ROI, but I still miss out on that backlink don't I?

And aren't backlinks super important for SEO? Since a landing page isn't a part of your website, there's no link juice going to the site anymore?

What about if you make the sales page/leadpage part of the site like "domain.com/awesomeproductpage". Even though there's no way to get to the rest of the site from there, it still helps your site?

markbatham

Yes It will helps. As you can utilize it so send visitor's on other pages by placing important pages in contextual linking if you have used it for landing page to drive traffic on your site.

Elegant_Designs

I think giving up a backlink to increase conversion is worth it, is not like that backlink will help much in your SEO (currently backlinks must be really of high quality, let's say a link from huffingtonpost); getting an email list is crucial for your overall marketing efforts.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies