How to remove all indexed pages with new pages on Google?

josh61

As title mentioned, i want to remove all pages indexed by Google and update by new pages, I changed my url structure so that old URLs have not worked any more. How to solve this?

vishwa

The safest and easiest way to do this is through 301 redirect. However you may notice that some of pages will decrease in search engine result page.

samimnoorzaitgc

As title mentioned, i want to remove all pages indexed by Google and update by new pages, I changed my url structure so that old URLs have not worked any more. How to solve this?
You can redirect your website to your new URL. How exactly do you want to remove your old pages? permanently or temporary?

These two types of redirects are mostly used by people: 301 and 302.
A 301 redirect is the one that tells Search Engines that the website has been moved to a new URL permanently. Some values will pass through the redirection and will point to the new URL. Choose this type of redirect if you wish to move to your new URL forever.

A 302 redirect is the one that tells Search Engines that the website has been moved temporary, values may not pass. You'll need to remove redirection once fixed the redirected pages.

Thanks

swiftpcoptmizer

yes, 302 redirection is good because new pages will place in google from search from old pages

kevinarndale

302 redirection is the best way to tell google that the new page is shifted temporarily and the ranks will remain same

samsingh

Hi,
Install webmaster in your website and run the crawl. I will index the correct urls in your website

sumit_sharma

301 and 302 redirects are only beneficial when you have changed only few urls in your website but it won't be easy task if you have cahnged large number of urls. So I think you must update those urls in you sitemap.xml as it will make your job easy for you and also help google crawl it.

Hi,
Install webmaster in your website and run the crawl. I will index the correct urls in your website
You will index...??? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

sweetsdailyupdates

If you want to transfer or remove your old pages to new pages permanently so you can use 301 redirection method. Because this method or code tells google that your page or domain has been transferred permanently.

Same for temporary. If you want to transfer or remove your old pages to new pages temporary. so you can use 302 redirection method. And this method or code tells google that your page or domain has been transferred temporary.

markbatham

301 redirection should be prefered, as this will also transfer the current Search engine value of old pages to new created pages, that will be helpful to you. And when done with this, place the new page links to external domains pointing to your old pages, like in articles, blogs etc.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.