Blogging vs Article Marketing?

arindamb

I'm still a little confused about marketing method in promoting my content to visitors.

If I write an article and post it on my blog and writing another article to submit to other blogs or forums, which is better for SEO and traffic to my site?

Also if I submit the article that posted to my blog to the article directory sites then is this considered duplication?

Miguelito203

You should always publish content to your site first. When I used to submit articles to directories (stopped doing it some years ago when they got hit because of the changes in the search engine algorithms), I never submitted the the exact same article to various sites. I always wrote some new content (or changed it to the point it was like new). I'll give you an example. If I were promoting a relationship guide, I'd publish the actual review of the product on my blog. If I were going to use an article directory, I'd publish something like 3 relationship tips or something like that. I'd link to my product review, so they could learn more. Does that make sense?

Joey

Ron Killian

I agree, always post stuff on your own blog first. And yes same as Joey said, article directories just don't have the traffic like they use to. And there were only a few good ones back when it was good. And if I remember right, most article directories want unique content anyways.

Remember too, there are places to submit your blog posts to, just an except, like growhackers, inbound.org, reddit, ect.

Rob Whisonant

What I do is post the original article on my blog first. I then take several of my articles and curate them on other properties like blogger, wordpress.com etc. I then, after the main article has been indexed by the search engines, submit them to article directories.

vishwa

Always publish your best articles to your blog first. However You can also write good and informative posts to other blog as a guest author which will increase your authority and also help you to get quality backlinks. Do not post same article to different blogs as it will consider as duplicate content and also harm your SEO.

ulterios

Which will get you the most traffic will greatly depend on what other blogs and forums you post them on.

Some will get you zero or barely any extra traffic, others will get you tons of traffic. It would be impossible to know which is better without knowing where you are posting, what is posted, how well it's written and many other factors.

What works for one person, might not work for another.

If it was me, I would post them on your own blog and THEN go and market them through the social media sites, especially Twitter.

Good Luck.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies