Which is the best image format for Email marketing?

Purres

As title mentioned, which type of image format is better to use in email marketing to get good response? and why?

Please share your advice!

Ron Killian

hhmm.. I've never ever heard one image is better than the other. And I don't see how the image format will affect response. It's possible, but nothing I've ever heard of.

Though, the smaller the file size the better. The faster your email loads, I guess the higher response.

samimnoorzaitgc

As title mentioned, which type of image format is better to use in email marketing to get good response? and why?

JPEG images can include too many colors, they'll be very colorful; while PNG images can handle with transparent images very well. JPEGs are mostly used for photos and PNGs are the web-optimized images mostly used as web elements.

I don't think if any of image format can be responsible.

Every image format does it's work; for transparent images, PNG will be the best. Remember that PNG images won't be good for large images as JPEGs would be.

In fact, it doesn't matter what image format would you use, I usually don't mind when choosing an image format. Sometimes PNGs are not supported around the web, that's why I mostly use JPEGs.

For E-mails, the one with smaller size would be suggested to make them load faster. E-mails with large-sized images load slower in slow connections. E-mails should load fast to keep your subscribers happy.

Thanks

ulterios

I don't think it makes a big difference as to the type/format of image that you use.

It's good to keep the file size of the image down for a few different reasons, however you don't want to lower the quality of the image too much to make the image smaller. If the people you are sending your emails to see poor and very low quality images in your emails then that can reflect bad on you in some cases.

I always like to keep the images looking good so that people won't think the emails are from some cheap low quality site/sender/whatever.

Presenting a quality looking email can help make you look more professional.

ExonHost

I don't think, so it's making big difference. You can use.png where you need to use the transparent image and If image doesn't have that much text you can use.JPG image

Rob Whisonant

The image format should not make a difference. But, keep in mind that email programs like Thunderbird have images turned off as a default. Emails with images in them look really bad in Thunderbird.

Re's
Rob Whisonant

Purres

hhmm.. I've never ever heard one image is better than the other. And I don't see how the image format will affect response. It's possible, but nothing I've ever heard of.

Though, the smaller the file size the better. The faster your email loads, I guess the higher response.
Yeah I am asking this because some type of image can increase size of my newsletter, cause lazy loading on readers' browsers or not display completely.

For example, Gif is always weight than a Jpg or png file.

The image format should not make a difference. But, keep in mind that email programs like Thunderbird have images turned off as a default. Emails with images in them look really bad in Thunderbird.

Re's
Rob Whisonant
Thanks for advice, I've not used Thunderbird before, is this a software to do email marketing?

I suppose If i use gif format with animation, some will not like that.

binelus

What I seen that was pretty cool in my opinion was GIF images.

Don't know if you used them before but you can give it a try. That could engage the reader a little more.

And always keep the size of your image files small if you are to use them in emails.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.