Best Free Control Panels to Manage Linux Servers?

josh61

I would like to know which is the best and free hosting control panels to manage linux servers?

I heard of some free ones as follow

Centos web panel
Webmin
zPanel
Vesta CP

But not ever used one of them, could anyone share me a guide?

Thanks in advance.

RDO Servers

I would say the best free control panel is CentOS website panel.

hoangvu

hoangvu
What about the security of CentOS and how about its features? Does it offer both free and paid version?

If I want to install it on my VPS then it's complex or not? and how to install it?

Steve32

Steve32
It is not difficult to install CWP and took you around 20 minutes for installing this panel.

To install CWP you need to a VPS or dedicated server with sytem CentOS 6.4+ and 512MB of RAM. You can choose VPS hosting companies on this forum.

Start installing, you just need 4 these commands.

Code:
cd /usr/local/src
yum install wget unzip -y
wget http://dl1.centos-webpanel.com/files/cwp-latest.sh
sh cwp-latest.sh
After the installation is complete, it will show your MySQL Root Password and root account. You need to save these information for using.

Hope it helps!

brainsdigital

Centos web panel and a zpanel are the best for free solutions. tried centos before it's good but of course not like cpanel/whm
and about zpanel read some articles about they having a problem with mail setup i prefer centos .

laceibanet

centos web panel is pretty good, it's actually very stable compared to other free options. You can also take a look at kloxo MR or Webmin/Virtualmin. All are pretty good options with a vide variety of options available to you. Although them being free means a bit of compromise for support

hynds

Try Kloxo, just Google it, I've used many years ago, it really easy and powerful tool to use. You should try it.

Developer

PLEASE guys, if you're going to recommend something,
at least take the time to provide a link as well... even
if just a Google search results link... It takes just a few
moments, if that...

Kloxo Link: http://lxcenter.org/software/kloxo

JonaHost

Avoid KLOXO, nothing works on their website and the control panel is like ages ago.
Why would anyone suggest a control panel that uses centos 5...huh!!!

Your best option is CENTOS WEBSITE PANEL. Always releasing new updates and it looks very promising.

HM-Mike

I use VestaCP for all my personal projects, awesome panel and just works.

X9Host

Well, If you please let us know for what purpose you are asking us to recommend you the free panel.
I mean which kind of website/script you gonna host than maybe we can suggest a better panel as per your website requirement.

josh61

I use VestaCP for all my personal projects, awesome panel and just works.
I would say the best free control panel is CentOS website panel.
What are the advantages of VestaCP and CentOS website panel?

Well, If you please let us know for what purpose you are asking us to recommend you the free panel.
I mean which kind of website/script you gonna host than maybe we can suggest a better panel as per your website requirement.
Needing free panel to decrease cost for paid panels on my hosting. I am hosting PHP sites and I think it is good to have a free hosting panel for them.

HM-Mike

VestaCP comes built-in with Apache and Nginx reverse proxy pre-configured, so saves a lot of front work. It's also very easy to use. They have a module for WHMCS, we don't use it ourselves for our hosting services but I always use it if I'm setting up a server and need a panel for myself (being lazy).

X9Host

As per my personal experience. I would recommend you to use centos-webpanel.
This panel comes with awesome features and it has all the basic features to manage a website.
centos-webpanel.com check CWP features on the given link.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.