If I mention a competitor website does it actually help them as a citation?

denvercardonations

If I mention a competitor website does it actually help them as a citation or even as a partial citation? Or is there a way to indicate with markup that they are being referenced for comparison...

UVM

If you don't want to help them you need to make sure the link to their website is NOFOLLOW. This will prevent them from gaining SEO benefit from your mention.

How ever I would not recommend mentioning your competitor when your visitors are on your site unless its extremely important. At least if your are going to mention them don't link to them so your visitors cant easily navigate to their website instead.

brainsdigital

as UVM said to make the links type NOFOLLOW ( to reduce the SEO benefit) because its will not prevent them totally from taking any benefit any mentioned will be considered as a link also don't think so a single link will make a different.
but still not recommended .

denvercardonations

I remember reading that partial citations" are taken into account, which also means mentioning their name, even if you do not link to them...

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.