Which is more effective for promoting products, Facebook or Blog?

hoangvu

In a general sense of promoting a product, which is one of better platforms can bring a higher traffic and generate leads for your products? Facebook or Blog?

Your answers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Winson

PatrickT

If you have a blog you will surely have social network links as well))) Man it always worked together, no reason to divide these two great opportunities)))

Tim Dutch

Add the products to your blog and then promote the products on Facebook.

Ron Killian

Your stuff should always be on your website/blog because you don't have control of your social profiles. They could be deleted any time without notice and all your work is gone.

Not to say that will happen of does happen often, but it can. Too risky.

cutelovelybaby

In my opinion, Facebook always have great number of audiences. If you can update regularly, the information will appear commonly, but your audiences can miss it and they have not any deep impression.
The best way is introducing your product in the Facebook and have a link to your blog. Your audiences can save your blog's link to look later. You should SEO it, that better for promoting the products.

LorisZ

Blog posting will get you more traffic on website as well as on facebook page. post your blog links on social media pages where you can find most of the visitors are active and looking for your product.

oliviahintz

Hi Winson,
Facebook marketing is one of the most important source of promoting your product than blogs. Facebook is more popular and using than blog. More people using Facebook than reading blogs. So it's quite natural that using Facebook is more promotional way than blog. Thank you.

hynds

I'm using both Facebook and website (not personal blog) to promote products. In many cases and campaigns I need people read my Ads on Facebook and then click on the ads to come on the website and make an order on it. By this way, I can get many traffic from social, and with that traffic I can set up many Re-targeting campaigns to promo more. If you do your own business you probably have all FB, website, twitter,...and many channels to do digital marketing strategies.

shivaganguly

As per my opinion, social media is the best thing as compared to blog. There are many people who use facebook so facebook is the best place where you can advertise your services and can see others requirements. People will see your services and will come to your site for their requirement. It will target as many audiences. You can use twitter, instagram, etc with facebook also.

notdavid

At the moment, Facebook is developing dramatically and get most traffics. But I think it may depends on where you promote your products to. I dont think blog work well in Asia.

Ron Killian

It's funny that people are saying, a blog is better or facebook is better. NO ONE can say which will be better. It depends on what you put into it. One person could kill it with facebook, while another get's nothing. Same for a blog. So giving a definite answer is a bogus reply. No one can say for sure. It depends.

Facebook "could" have more potential because it has the built in traffic, that "could" be easier to tap into. With a blog, most people, from what I've seen, struggle to get and keep traffic. Even those that publish alot. It depends on if your content gets picked up, shared or goes viral. Even if some of it get spread.

But again, if you put all your eggs in the facebook basket, what if they take away your basket? It happens.

jasondean

In a general sense of promoting a product, which is one of better platforms can bring a higher traffic and generate leads for your products? Facebook or Blog?
Hi Winson,
Let's make them clear to compare their benefits easily.

FACEBOOK:
- Advantages: much more available audience, easy to use/design/edit without too much technical tips, more relations to be promote your marketing strategy (like, comment, share,...), able to target the ages of online users. Besides, you can get the business account from an agency to optimize your marketing plan for the product.
- Disadvantages: because of so many posts everyday, Facebook makes users depressed when they see something not impressive. They browse and browse without any concentration. Moreover, we are also ourselves users of Facebook, so we are limited some functions and don't have enough prestige to make people buy our products.

BLOG
- Advantages: we are boss of this blog, we have full power to do whatever we want in the blog. I think, therefore, it's a plus for using blog
- Disadvantages: we are limited about traffic, about (uncreative) interface,... We also take more time for the blog to create the contents that are really enough quality and keep audience to stay longer.

That's all I could analyze.
I hope they will be useful to you.
Thanks for reading.

vishwa

I usually write a killer review about the product on my blog and share it with my Facebook page. This will not drive good traffic but also help me to generate some good sales. So, you can use both platforms to promote your products. Hope it will help you.

imnathanjames

Depends (that's such a cop out answer).

Your blog, it would need to have traffic. How would you drive that traffic? free methods or paid.
If it's free traffic then chances are the traffic will be cold and not receptive to any offers for the products. I have tried with free traffic. While your traffic stats go up, it doesn't mean your sales will.

Facebook has a large internal audience that could provide lots of warm targeted traffic for your products or sales.
For me facebook traffic is best, you pay , but if used correctly can bring in buyer hungry people for you.

ivanab

Always send traffic to your blog. Social media should be used as a teaser to get a click through to your own blog!

Your blog is asset! You cannot sell FB pages, but for sure you can one day sell your blog :)

shivankit_arora

It depends where you target audience hangs out. If you are targeting celebrities and influencers go for Twitter. But if you have considerable amount of text and images go for facebook.

For a more professional guidance you may hire the services of a social media marketing agency. While a social media marketing agency can provide you with that initial thrust, you may do your FB or twitter marketing on your own.

Happy to help!
Shivankit Arora

kevinarndale

Facebook and Blog both have their respective features in order to promote your product efficiently, just you have to use them sensibly

Rob Whisonant

Send the traffic from your blog. If you send it directly from Facebook many will see you as a spammer. Send traffic from Facebook to your blog and then to the products you are promoting.

Create content you can share on Facebook that people will love. Have that content soft sell products.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.