CPA marketing or Affiliate marketing, what works better?

Harry P

If you were going to earn first money online in a fastest way by affiliates THEN which one you will consider to go for, CPA marketing also known as pay per action (PPA) and cost per conversion which the advertiser pays for each specified action, i.e an impression, click, form submit (e.g., contact request, newsletter sign up, registration etc.), double opt-in or sale on their sites OR Affiliate marketing, a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by their marketing efforts?

Developer

I can not honestly answer which is better because I have never tried CPA, however, from what I hear of CPA...

CPA can be an extremely lucrative method, however, it can also be very difficult to get into. Like I said, I have never personally tried to break into this arena myself, but every time I hear someone talking about it, it's usually because their applications keep getting denied. Now again, this is ONLY what I have heard, again, I have never tried to do it myself.

Now, affiliate marketing, on the other hand, is something I know very well and I know it can be extremely lucrative as well. As with anything, you're earning will be based on your efforts. If you want to spend just an hour or two a week promoting a few items here and there, don't expect the greatest results (not at first anyway)... If you spend day and night, doing everything you can to market and promote items properly(including yourself), you can make an absolute killing.

Now, if you are an absolute beginner, please do not make the mistake of thinking that it will be easier to promote and earn commissions on lower priced items as that is not the case. You will hear over and over, even right here in WS forum, that promoting high end products takes just as much effort as promoting lower priced products and that really IS true.

If you're going to spend hours, days, whatever, promoting products, why not promote those with the biggest returns. After all, you're doing it for the money, right? Why not get compensated well for your time?

So, based on the "if you were going to earn first money online in a fastest way" portion of your post, I would definitely say Affiliate Marketing as you can start instantly whereas CPA, you would need to spend some time building up a decent enough website, applying to the CPA networks and waiting for approval.

Either way though, you will only get out, what you put in and that is the key no matter what you decide to do and which avenue you decide to take.

WebmasterPhil

There is no easy answer for this. It depends on the traffic and what you're promoting.

For example, if someone types "I want to buy an Apple iPhone 6 now" in Google, and he visits your webpage with an affiliate link to an iPhone 6 on Amazon, there's a good probability that he will buy that iPhone.

If for a similar example, a person visits your blog and is overweight and sees your CPA link to another website that offers a free eBook on how to lose weight in 24 hours, he will likely be motivated to visit that site and sign up for that eBook.

It all depends on your traffic and are you able to match your offerings to that traffic. This is one the mistake that newbies make. A new affiliate marketer would just make a website and promote fitness products, but didn't figure out beforehand how to get visitors who wants to buy fitness products.

Hellosolifornia

This is not a easy peezy questions it is depends on traffic, product and service and area.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
fab
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Ric
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.