Is SEO cheaper than Adwords?

Dopani

What has been your experience? Is SEO really FREE and cheaper than Adwords or other advertising methods?

ulterios

Well if you do the SEO yourself then it is definitely cheaper than using AdWords.

If you are paying someone to do your SEO work then it would just depend on what they are charging you.

If you are looking to save money than you can do some SEO work and marketing on the social networks.

WebmasterPhil

In theory yes, SEO is cheaper than Adwords. Most hardened webmasters today however are using automated softwares to speed up the SEO process so it's not cheap by any means. For Adwords to be effective, that is to get 1000s or 10,000 visitors per week, you're gonna have to spend a fortune for many popular keywords.

The difference between SEO and Adwords is that Adwords is guaranteed traffic where as with SEO, it's a gamble.

brainsdigital

well, now days I see SEO is more expensive why ? before Ranking was easy and today its very hard to get ranking on a keyword because of the number of competitors that didn't exist before and you have to use paid software and sites to get more information to rank over your competitors.

SEOPub

AdWords is cheaper. SEO, besides taking money, takes a lot of time to do right. You might spend 6 months ranking a page only to find that it does not convert well. I can figure that out in a few days with AdWords and save myself a lot of time, effort, and money.

alexraymonds

i think in the short time, Adwords will be best, but for a long time , SEO is good because it is stable

UVM

In an equal level of quality (best optimized adwords account VS best SEO strategy) SEO will give you a higher return on investment. However SEO has a much higher initial investment required to start.

Keep in mind that only 10% of clicks go to paid-advertisements and the rest go to organic results.

The way you should decide is given your budget and industry (level of competition) if you can afford to do a perfect SEO job I think you should go with that option for long term success.

Message me privately if you need more advice

joomdev

Yes, SEO is a lot cheaper than AdWords in the long run. With AdWords, you have to keep spending money to see results. But with SEO, if you spend your time and money in the right spots you can see long term affects!

sweetsdailyupdates

If you are doing both the activity by your self so you have to do some activity in SEO like on-page and off-page activity where your time is required. And if you are going to do adwords so you have to spend some money for marketing and time also required to handle all the campaigns.

Adword is short term process where you have to spend some money first and SEO is long term process and if you get your ranking in search result so you can get users and leads as well.

imnathanjames

I'm kinda on the fence with this one.
I use yoast plugin and that gives me great advice on where to tidy up my on page seo. And it's free.
Building links from blog commenting , forums etc is free...but takes time.

It's when you start buying links (iv'e paid around $200 for link packages in the past)and buying software for keywords or paying for services like semrush.
That's when it becomes expensive.

If you are going for the free methods then the only expense is your time.As you start to make money then you could outsource the work to a VA bit by bit.

hrishivardhan

Yes SEO is always free nobody will charge you if you do it by yourself. but if you hire someone than it depends on you how much they charge. but adwords it totally paid you have to pay for every click for sure. But if you wants to succeed you surely have to go for both of them.

learn2do

Generally, SEO is much more expensive than Adwords. Obviously, the price to rank a keyword and keep it high in long term is more expensive than place it on top of the SERPs for a certain time.
But, when it comes to a particular campaign (like a new launch, new category of your site, etc), we can't be sure that SEO or Adwords is cheaper (more effective).

George Lucas

Yes SEO costs less compared to Adwords. But here the question raises, Which business(Website) you are working on. Based on the business SEO may costs more than Adwords.

Traffic Ablaze

SEO is cheaper when you consider long tail (that if you go about things right you always tend to pick up). You can't just look at a particular keyword targeted as you would with adwords where you are going to pay for every click. You might be going for your special keywords but all the other clicks you get as a result on long tail are free

sachin00

in my opinion adwords and seo are not competitors but they are two powerful toolsavailable in internet marketing arsenal.

you can use adwords when you want traffic fast but you need seo for long term and sustainable online business....

Dopani

AdWords is cheaper. SEO, besides taking money, takes a lot of time to do right. You might spend 6 months ranking a page only to find that it does not convert well. I can figure that out in a few days with AdWords and save myself a lot of time, effort, and money.
I suppose when someone do SEO they need to analyze keywords before ranking it for search engines. But its still hard to avoid the problem it didn't covert well when its positions are getting on top search.

From your experience, what do you do to avoid they keyword didn't covert well?

I'm kinda on the fence with this one.
I use yoast plugin and that gives me great advice on where to tidy up my on page seo. And it's free.
Building links from blog commenting , forums etc is free...but takes time.

It's when you start buying links (iv'e paid around $200 for link packages in the past)and buying software for keywords or paying for services like semrush.
That's when it becomes expensive.

If you are going for the free methods then the only expense is your time.As you start to make money then you could outsource the work to a VA bit by bit.
I don't believe in yoast plugin to help improve SEO for a webpage, does anyone get good results when using yoast plugin?

For semrush, I think it will waste of money to spend into this tool while we can use more free tools for analyzing keyword rankings.

Elegant_Designs

If we are comparing similar keywords, yes in the long run SEO is cheaper if you are able to rank (within a reasonable timeline which will benefit your business) and maintain these keywords' ranking throughout. Ultimately both methods have its' pros and cons; adwords can be cheap actually if you are able to convert sales the moment you advertise and the returns is higher than spending.

adriansmith4555

Yes, SEO is a lot cheaper than adwords in the long run. With adwords, you have to keep spending money to see results. But with SEO, if you spend your time and money in the right spots you can see long term affects!

simonsmith

Search engine optimization is the best and cheap as compared to google adwords, because in google adword, you have to keep spending money for getting business, this is the instant method of getting business leads, sales or traffic for your website but the drawback is that you have to keep paying and if you will stop your campaign than there is no more traffic and business. In the other hand, search engine optimization is not instant but a long term process but its main advantage is that it also has long term results.

Dopani

Search engine optimization is the best and cheap as compared to google adwords
From all comments I am having here, I can say you are wrong, SEO is quite free and no cost, thus it can not compare about how is cheap or cheaper than Google adwords then.
But SEO is require your effort and time which can cost with your real money.

Yes, SEO is a lot cheaper than adwords in the long run. With adwords, you have to keep spending money to see results. But with SEO, if you spend your time and money in the right spots you can see long term affects!
I agree but it depends on which keywords you are targeting, for high competition keywords then Adwords can be cheaper if you go with this option.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.