How to have my custom DNS in a VPS?

harrygreen90

I want to have my custom domain name servers in a new VPS. How to do this?

My VPS provided me a IP address. I should can custom DNS like this

ns1.mydomain.com -> 123.456.78.901
ns2.mydomain.com -> 123.456.78.901

Thanks

samimnoorzaitgc

Hi Harry!
This requires root access to your VPS. Try submitting a support ticket to your VPS provider with your name servers included.

Cherin

You can ask your hosting providers to do that or you can ask him to suggest to set it. you can even check out some knowledge base online for this. taking help from your hosting provider would be feasible option.

ElixantTechnology

This requires some custom software installation such as BIND DNS; and configuration of said software. With an unmanaged VPS this can be a task if you do not have experience in doing so, however if you have a Managed VPS I recommend contacting your hosting provider to have this setup. If you have a control panel installed on the VPS this can be a pretty easy task, and there are numerous tutorials online on how to do this. Do you have a control panel installed?

laceibanet

if you're using a control panel you can manage it from there, or install a dns server as well. cPanel has a free dns only version you can install to manage your dns from there. Managing your website would be from SSH only though, so if you want to have visual management of your website you should consider a control panel, there are a few good free options out there, just a quick search away.

harrygreen90

Hi Harry!
This requires root access to your VPS. Try submitting a support ticket to your VPS provider with your name servers included.
It was an unmanaged VPS so I have no support for installing or configurating on the server.

This requires some custom software installation such as BIND DNS; and configuration of said software. With an unmanaged VPS this can be a task if you do not have experience in doing so, however if you have a Managed VPS I recommend contacting your hosting provider to have this setup. If you have a control panel installed on the VPS this can be a pretty easy task, and there are numerous tutorials online on how to do this. Do you have a control panel installed?
Yes I have read this post https://www.webmastersun.com/threads/13530-Best-Free-Control-Panels-to-Manage-Linux-Servers
and I chose CentOS control panel, I could install it but I saw have an option to change DNS there but not sure I should add custom DNS to 1 IP.

if you're using a control panel you can manage it from there, or install a dns server as well. cPanel has a free dns only version you can install to manage your dns from there. Managing your website would be from SSH only though, so if you want to have visual management of your website you should consider a control panel, there are a few good free options out there, just a quick search away.
Exactly I chose CWP and I found that its user interface is easy to control. Have you tried this control panel?

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.