Does Shared Hosting affect Google SEO Ranking?

hoangvu

Hello everyone,

Hope this question I will have honest your answers. I would like to know more about SEO rankings, especially is google ranking in the relation with a shared hosting.

I have some websites on the same niche and working on their SEO and I would like to move them to same server which is going to shared, but I heard that if I have a VPS or a dedicated server, I can setup different IPs for each website, also improve loading speed and much more...do all of them improve SEO ranking better than a shared hosting?

Thank you and lovely day to you all

Localnode

Hello.
I doubt that being on shared hosting has any sort of impact on SEO. However, loading time does - you can see this link about loading time and SEO ranking.
As for different IP's, it's a myth. It has no difference.

ulterios

A slow or overloaded VPS can be worse than having good shared hosting.

Load times do affect SEO, but only if they are really slow or really fast. Otherwise a small increase in speed will have little impact. If you site is really slow, then speeding it up can make a slight difference. However, speed is just one of a whole lot of factors that are used for rankings so you need to make sure other aspects are worked on.

Another thing to consider is that most hosts won't just let you have or buy as many IP's as you want. They usually want a justifiable need for quantities of them. Just because you want one for SEO purposes is usually not a good enough reason.

Cherin

If you have Dedicated IP address for your Shared hosting plan then It wont effect the SEO Ranking. If you are using Shared hosting to host the websites and for SEO, it may consume more resources that will effect in indexing and crawling the websites

Mike001

Both of the above responses are right on target. Speed does have an impact but it is marginal unless you are very slow too load.

Good content is the key and proper use of keywords, descriptions, meta tags, and so on. SEO is a tricky beast and the more content that gets out there the more difficult it becomes. Maintaining a good SEO rating is a full time job that requires attention to details.

melanymaldena

A slow or overloaded VPS can be worse than having good shared hosting.

Load times do affect SEO, but only if they are really slow or really fast. Otherwise a small increase in speed will have little impact. If you site is really slow, then speeding it up can make a slight difference. However, speed is just one of a whole lot of factors that are used for rankings so you need to make sure other aspects are worked on.

Another thing to consider is that most hosts won't just let you have or buy as many IP's as you want. They usually want a justifiable need for quantities of them. Just because you want one for SEO purposes is usually not a good enough reason.
Both of the above responses are right on target. Speed does have an impact but it is marginal unless you are very slow too load.

Good content is the key and proper use of keywords, descriptions, meta tags, and so on. SEO is a tricky beast and the more content that gets out there the more difficult it becomes. Maintaining a good SEO rating is a full time job that requires attention to details.
Hello.
I doubt that being on shared hosting has any sort of impact on SEO. However, loading time does
I agree with opinions above but it could affect SEO ranking if you are hosting on a shared plan, it can get many risks if one of sites on your shared server gets malware or local attack, your site can be affected and Google doesn't like these.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.