Recommending a payment option for sales page

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Hi marketers,

Could some one recommend a payment option for sales page that's not PayPal with direct deposits to bank? and why did you choose that?

All your inputs are welcomed.

stephanieandrea63

How about Credit Cards? It's always the first option to pay, PayPal is the second one. With the Credit Cards money goes to your bank account directly.

samimnoorzaitgc

There are too many alternatives for PayPal, but they can't be as good as PayPal. PayPal is almost everywhere. Google Wallet, WePay, 2Checkout, ProPay and etc are some alternatives for PayPal. You can find too many of them with just a simple Google search. There is a famous saying: "Have you googled it first?"

Mike001

Marc,

2Checkout is pretty good. I used them for awhile before turning everything over to PayPal. The fees are similar and they can do direct deposits to a bank.

I would definitely stay away from taking credit cards directly through a processing company. Even processed through your own bank the fees can become excessive and unless you are turning over a tremendous amount of business, there are liabilities that I am certain you would not want to absorb as a small business. That is why so many small businesses are moving to stripe. They found a perfect niche market and they will clobber the banks based on much better fee rates and limited liability to the vendor.

I am very curious as to why you are staying away from PayPal. That could be a red flag to your customers. Last time I checked they have over an 85% market saturation and even through they have gotten very large over the last few years there support is still pretty good. I use them exclusively and I have had to do charge backs, needed help on collections, deposits, etc and they have always performed well.

There are a lot of alternatives but PayPal is by far the most accepted and respected.

shivaganguly

Yes, credit cards are the best and foremost option a customer would choose. After that debit card option is the best and net banking. You can go with billdesk, paytm, 2checkout, etc. Payumoney is the best among all these as they are providing wallet option with credit card, debit card and net banking also.

nickson

2Checkout, Paypal, Payza, PayUMoney, Skrill are some of the Best Payments gateways you can use.

freehdwalls

Certainly, credit cards are the best and foremost option a client would choose. Next debit card choice is the best and netting banking. You can stick with billdesk, paytm, 2checkout, etc . Payumoney is the foremost among all these because they are providing wallet alternative with credit card, charge card and world wide web banking also.

vishwa

I usually Prefer to use PayPal. PayPal also provides you credit card payments. However Alternatively you can use 2Checkout for processing payments securely over the internet. 2checkout fees are comparatively high to PayPal. PayPal provides you hassle free integration and require less paper work.

binelus

Hi marketers,

Could some one recommend a payment option for sales page that's not PayPal with direct deposits to bank? and why did you choose that?

All your inputs are welcomed.
I know you said no Paypal but if you get one of their business plan, you can set up direct credit card payments. Otherwise you have Payoneer or 2Checkout, but their fees are higher in comparison. Only you can make that choice!

Ron Killian

Funny that so many people are saying credit cards, but they are not saying, you should NOT take credit cards directly on your site. It's too risky. If huge corporations like Target and Home Depot can get their financial data stolen, how do you think you stand a chance? And I am sure you don't want people coming after you, or lawsuits, because you got hacked.

Not trying to be negative, just the reality these days. We know hackers have bots trolling the net every day, all day long, looking for ways to get in.

Yes, being able to take credit cards is good, but let a reliable third party actually handle the data. Sure you know this, but just in case :)

I was thinking the same thing as Mike, why not Pay Pal?

Last edited:

Jane Mage

Marc,

I also support the idea of credit cards in the first place, but if you dont like this idea - there are some other international options, like Authorize.net, Amazon Payment, Google wallet, Cybersource, Braintree or Skrill that are now large and reliable payment gateways.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
UVM
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.