Why are Facebook ads so expensive?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Have any guys here used Facebook ad for your products or websites, for me, I spent money for it but I got back nothing, I spent money for increase likes and visitors to my sites but seem it was too expensive for each visitor. What do you guys think?

mrjock

The reason I think Facebooks ads are so expensive is because how targeted those ads could be.

For example you can target by location, age, gender, etc and get that demographic you so desperately want to market to.

Rob Whisonant

What are you considering expensive? What is the lifetime value of someone liking your page? Is the cost per like over or under this figure?

samimnoorzaitgc

Facebook ads aren't expensive, they're cheap. You're paying for qualified and targeted likes/traffic. You can promote with just $5, it cannot be cheaper than that.

elcidofaguy

Most people will not convert on their first visit and as such the biggest mistake in my opinion is to send cold traffic to your website without any efforts to build an email list through optins. In addition I highly recommend re-targeting as that can help considerably. With maxizing your ROI on ads - I recommend that you create lots of different ads i.e. different images, text, target demographics etc as that way you can test which ones are the best. In addition if your conversions are really low then that also tells you that you have a conversion problem and as such you will need to improve your sales/promo copy and layout etc.

Alex Thompson

Have any guys here used Facebook ad for your products or websites, for me, I spent money for it but I got back nothing, I spent money for increase likes and visitors to my sites but seem it was too expensive for each visitor. What do you guys think?
Facebook ad is expensie if you target on locations like US, CA, UK...etc
I had a minimum payment of $10 per day. With a projected 8 clicks per day. That is expensive.
you paid ~ $1.2 / 1 click a day, it is so expensive for your FB ad campaign. Did you optimize for you Dacebook ad?

binelus

Are you doing automatic or manual bidding for your campaign? Depending on your ads, if it's not relevant enough for who you are targeting, it may get expensive.

Start with a small budget to test things out (as low as 5$ a day) and once you get 7+ clicks with that 5 dollars, consider yourself going to the right direction!

Hope this helps!

Revperrin

Well I was seeking customers and yes as far as customers I did need to target them. Because the business I used FB adds with is selling electricity. And we only are in the states and only in about 16 of those so just a large net would be targeting people who couldn't be my customers. I guess untargeted traffic would be just fine on finding consultants for my down line bug I have no problem finding consultants.

Facebook addsdid not help me get customers either. Their $10 per day fee for targeted customers was investing more in getting the customers than my residual on a customer for the year would be. I let it run for a week and got zero customers. So for my Electricity business it is not worth the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
UVM
Replies
Views
UVM
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.