• REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/0
    Given: 43/0
    Thanks

Does changing post title effect SEO?

On my blog, I have some old posts that I would change its titles because they are old and not fit to targeted keywords at this time. But I am wondering it will hurt my SEO if I change the title completely on these blog posts? I mean I'd leave n ew targeted keywords in them but they will be different!

Please share your experience!

Thank you!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    if someone types what you have in your titles, thats what you want. google will see the new title when it crawls it, or submit each new titled article to google so it knows its there

google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url
    bing.com/toolbox/submit-site-url

while changing your titles research google keyword planner

adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner

see if people are searching for the keywords in your title, alot of searches is good, but may not be if you are in the pregnancy niche, too many other sites on top. 1000 people searching your keywords in the title and not alot of search results when searching on google you cnt beat, people will see your articles in the results

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tunescool For This Useful Post:
    DeniseBarnes (03-10-2018),palashmohane (03-21-2018)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 50/0
    Given: 42/0
    Thanks
    You might want to take a look at this article in the Search Engine Journal. Apparently, it's better to match the title to the content, but it doesn't carry as much weight as it once did.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 86/4
    Given: 115/2
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arindamb View Post
    On my blog, I have some old posts that I would change its titles because they are old and not fit to targeted keywords at this time. But I am wondering it will hurt my SEO if I change the title completely on these blog posts? I mean I'd leave n ew targeted keywords in them but they will be different!

Thank you!
    In my experience, it will not hurt anything with your new keywords. Google will reindex your post and see what you have on the title, description and event in the content. However, these parts should match each other with new keywords.
    I hope this help
    Godaddy Renewal Coupon - 27% Off on Domain Renewals
    eCoupon.io - Cheap coupon codes for Domain, Hosting and VPS server

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/1
    Thanks
    Is the targeted keywords highly or lowly competitive? note that Google also ranks contents based on their headlines/topics which contains their main keyword being used. Also bear in mind that the old title you want to remove may be the ''golden egg'' that drives in lots of traffic visitors to your website. removing it may affect your SEO generally so think twice before taking such actions. Do your investigations very well to know the new or old keywords that ranks you higher n google search engine results. Thank you.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Thanks
    It depends on which niche you are trying to rank high and either you are trying to target long tail keywords or short ones.

Best Wishes.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Thanks
    I don't think so it will hurt in your ranking. You can change title but it must be regarding your content and your targeted keywords. If you have changed your title and it is not regarding your content so user will not find their solution and they will bounce back and it will really effect your ranking.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/0
    Given: 7/0
    Thanks
    Anytime you post anything on your official site or blog with the intent to drive search engine traffic, you should think about the proper titles before posting it. That way, you don't have to revisit months later and carry out these difficult tasks.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 2/0
    Thanks
    Was your blog getting much traffic? Then it will hurt in ranking; if not then I think it will be getting better ranking than previous with respect to that keyword.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 7/2
    Thanks
    Changing the title may have a positive or negative effect on SEO. Google crawls through a post or website's title first before digging deeper into the contents. Titles which include the keyword get hit faster than others.

So, if you think that changing the title of your post will adhere better to SEO standards then you are welcome do so. Otherwise, you my stand a chance of loosing considerable Google rankings.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Thanks

Thank you!
    If you change your post title you will loose your ranking. Titles is most important components for SEO, if you use title with full of keywords then you will rank high but then if you change this title then you will loose ranking of these keywords.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 212/4
    Given: 111/2
    Thanks
    Yes, you may change the title of your post at certain time. If your post is completely new than you can change the title without any issues as google did not index your site yet. when Google index your post, it is better to not change the title as it will impact your site performance in search engines.
    Check out my blog @ https://www.techblog360.com

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    I would think the content would matter more than the title. Google would eventually update to include the new title, but I think as long as the keywords in the article itself are the same, it probably wouldn't have much of an effect on your SEO.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Thanks
    You can surely modify published posts, but editing title of a post after submitting it will surely have an effect on SEO of the post as search engines have indexed the previous nameof the post but you should be able to see the changes after weeks and i suggest you to resubmit the post in search engine console after editing it which will help google to recrawl the new title.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to steverobert For This Useful Post:
    subhodipd (11-13-2017)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 8/0
    Thanks
    Yes, You can change your title. If it relevant to your article then it will effect SEO.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to premiumproxies For This Useful Post:
    subhodipd (11-13-2017)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Depending on what people are searching most, it is a good idea to replace your old titles with new ones. As information keeps on changing from day to day, your blog should also be updated appropriately.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    I Changed title many time to attract visitors. Title can increase visitors for website . And if you think i should change title for example if you want to Christmas offer then you show discount in title or if you think i need to add (best, how, who,why, etc) then you should go a head these words . Title can affect positive .

If post 2016 and your want Renew or Refresh Artilce then you definitely will add 2017 .Google always like to update Content and affect will be Positive. so no worry

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    I wouldn't advice changing your title. Besides, you have said that it ranks pretty well. Changing your title will really affect your SEO ranking, so i think it would be better if you keep it that way.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Google loves fresh content so it could help, especially if you update a title from "Best X of 2017" to "Best X of 2018" for example.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/1
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks

Thank you!
    Changing the title of your web page is a bit complicated, you do it if you don't see any results or ranking on that particular page.

I would change its titles because they are old and not fit to targeted keywords at this time
    According to your statement, your web pages are not targetted with right keywords so you can change it by adding the right keywords. But be careful and play wisely while doing so.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 394/14
    Given: 64/35
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mastrodigital View Post
    Google loves fresh content so it could help, especially if you update a title from "Best X of 2017" to "Best X of 2018" for example.
    That is a lie. Google does not care about "fresh content". Total BS.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks

Thank you!

Hi Friend,
    If you are talking about changing Meta Title tag of the website
    Yes of course, when you Change your Meta Tags ( Title, Description), It will Surely affect your SEO but the impact can be positive or negative depending on the change that you will make. Because Search Engine improve the ranking based on your Meta Title, Description.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Hi Friend,
    If you are talking about changing Meta Title tag of the website
    Yes of course, when you Change your Meta Tags ( Title, Description), It will Surely affect your SEO but the impact can be positive or negative depending on the change that you will make. Because Search Engine improve the ranking based on your Meta Title, Description.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Sometimes it could be very helpful for if it is relevance to your content, suppose your content is about any food related content but your content title is about fitness related then it wont work how it should be. If everything is alright like title is relevant to your content then in my opinion it won't be any problem about change the post title.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Title is a very important part of a content, so changing it can be a problem here until re index it by search engine. Another thing is old content not a problem but main point is if title and description is not being similar then it can hurt your seo. So being relevancy title with description is important.

Newer Threads

1. denvercardonations
    Pinback for Pinterest
    By denvercardonations in forum Social Media Marketing
    denvercardonations
    Replies: 0 | Views: 715
    Last post by denvercardonations, 06-05-2016, 05:24 PM
  2. denvercardonations
    denvercardonations
    Replies: 0 | Views: 587
    Last post by denvercardonations, 06-05-2016, 09:09 PM
  3. denvercardonations