Does changing post title effect SEO?

arindamb

On my blog, I have some old posts that I would change its titles because they are old and not fit to targeted keywords at this time. But I am wondering it will hurt my SEO if I change the title completely on these blog posts? I mean I'd leave n ew targeted keywords in them but they will be different!

Please share your experience!

Thank you!

tunescool

if someone types what you have in your titles, thats what you want. google will see the new title when it crawls it, or submit each new titled article to google so it knows its there

google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url
bing.com/toolbox/submit-site-url

while changing your titles research google keyword planner

adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner

see if people are searching for the keywords in your title, alot of searches is good, but may not be if you are in the pregnancy niche, too many other sites on top. 1000 people searching your keywords in the title and not alot of search results when searching on google you cnt beat, people will see your articles in the results

SenseiSteve

You might want to take a look at this [URLnf="https://www.searchenginejournal.com/important-tags-2016-seo/156440/"]article[/URLnf] in the Search Engine Journal. Apparently, it's better to match the title to the content, but it doesn't carry as much weight as it once did.

hynds

On my blog, I have some old posts that I would change its titles because they are old and not fit to targeted keywords at this time. But I am wondering it will hurt my SEO if I change the title completely on these blog posts? I mean I'd leave n ew targeted keywords in them but they will be different!

Thank you!
In my experience, it will not hurt anything with your new keywords. Google will reindex your post and see what you have on the title, description and event in the content. However, these parts should match each other with new keywords.
I hope this help :)

cheta

Is the targeted keywords highly or lowly competitive? note that Google also ranks contents based on their headlines/topics which contains their main keyword being used. Also bear in mind that the old title you want to remove may be the ''golden egg'' that drives in lots of traffic visitors to your website. removing it may affect your SEO generally so think twice before taking such actions. Do your investigations very well to know the new or old keywords that ranks you higher n google search engine results. Thank you.

hiteshd1

It depends on which niche you are trying to rank high and either you are trying to target long tail keywords or short ones.

Best Wishes.

Judas2018

Anytime you post anything on your official site or blog with the intent to drive search engine traffic, you should think about the proper titles before posting it. That way, you don't have to revisit months later and carry out these difficult tasks.

subhodipd

Changing the title may have a positive or negative effect on SEO. Google crawls through a post or website's title first before digging deeper into the contents. Titles which include the keyword get hit faster than others.

So, if you think that changing the title of your post will adhere better to SEO standards then you are welcome do so. Otherwise, you my stand a chance of loosing considerable Google rankings.

Monga

Thank you!
If you change your post title you will loose your ranking. Titles is most important components for SEO, if you use title with full of keywords then you will rank high but then if you change this title then you will loose ranking of these keywords.

vishwa

Yes, you may change the title of your post at certain time. If your post is completely new than you can change the title without any issues as google did not index your site yet. when Google index your post, it is better to not change the title as it will impact your site performance in search engines.

ecole11j

I would think the content would matter more than the title. Google would eventually update to include the new title, but I think as long as the keywords in the article itself are the same, it probably wouldn't have much of an effect on your SEO.

steverobert

You can surely modify published posts, but editing title of a post after submitting it will surely have an effect on SEO of the post as search engines have indexed the previous nameof the post but you should be able to see the changes after weeks and i suggest you to resubmit the post in search engine console after editing it which will help google to recrawl the new title.

Franco777

Depending on what people are searching most, it is a good idea to replace your old titles with new ones. As information keeps on changing from day to day, your blog should also be updated appropriately.

smmpoint

I Changed title many time to attract visitors. Title can increase visitors for website . And if you think i should change title for example if you want to Christmas offer then you show discount in title or if you think i need to add (best, how, who,why, etc) then you should go a head these words . Title can affect positive .

If post 2016 and your want Renew or Refresh Artilce then you definitely will add 2017 .Google always like to update Content and affect will be Positive. so no worry

nnacrter

I wouldn't advice changing your title. Besides, you have said that it ranks pretty well. Changing your title will really affect your SEO ranking, so i think it would be better if you keep it that way.

mastrodigital

Google loves fresh content so it could help, especially if you update a title from "Best X of 2017" to "Best X of 2018" for example.

daikaads

Thank you!
Changing the title of your web page is a bit complicated, you do it if you don't see any results or ranking on that particular page.

I would change its titles because they are old and not fit to targeted keywords at this time
According to your statement, your web pages are not targetted with right keywords so you can change it by adding the right keywords. But be careful and play wisely while doing so.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.