Please review my new viral blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzgrain

Hi Guys

I just created this new viral blog. Please provide feedback on the layout, the content, and anything you can think of. I am very open to suggestions. Also if you have any tips on getting more organic traffic to the site, that would be awesome.

buzzgrain.com

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

samimnoorzaitgc

Hi Guys

I just created this new viral blog. Please provide feedback on the layout, the content, and anything you can think of. I am very open to suggestions. Also if you have any tips on getting more organic traffic to the site, that would be awesome.

buzzgrain.com

Thank you
Your website looks cool. Page load speed is OK and it's responsive. Just work on it's SEO. It isn't optimized very well. I've checked your website with a tool and found that there is no meta description and headings. Sitemap does not exist.

The content is unique and is beautifully written to bring positive SEO results. Just try to write fresh content, stay up-to-date. Google loves to crawl fresh content!

Generally, your website is OK and looks cool. I give 60/100.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron Killian

I think it looks pretty good. Though does seem to be pretty "busy", but just my opinion and probably what sites like that are suppose to be. Just seemed to be alot going on.

One thing I noticed, you link your images. I've never be a fan of that because users click it takes them just to the image. Like a dead end.

Also see alot of repetition, same posts on page and in sliders. But maybe it's planned.

How is it better or different than all the other sites just like it out there?

ulterios

Hi Guys

buzzgrain.com

Thank you
Nicely put together site but too many images with not enough text for my liking though. You might want to think about using CloudFlare with the site. It is taking in the 10 second neighborhood to load from different parts of the world. I ran a few tests on Pingdom and got from 9-11 seconds from places outside the US.

It's going to be difficult to get it to rank high due to having the same duplicated content that is on countless other sites around the web. One thing that you can do if you are using duplicated content is to add more content to it and/or at least change it up a bit. This way Google won't see it as the same as tons of other sites that have the exact same story. This might help it do a bit better in the rankings.

You are off to a good start but you just need to make some tweaks to get the most out of this kind of site that you can.

Good Luck. ;)

EpicGlobalWeb

Put the "You might also like" at the bottom of the page and at the end of articles. Don't waste your ad annoyingly on the first things people see.

Other than that you did a great job. I really like it and read some of it too :D

Hawker

Nice domain name. What inspired you to use the word grain? Anyway, so I see you're going with that boxed layout. I think it would be better if you went with a wide full screen layout. Use full screen sliders perhaps. I just think that those two grey areas either side could be used up much more valuably. Also not liking your sidebar. Has your important page links in it but nothing else? Idk if you're using ads as I have adblock on but even so I'd say move those links to your footer and put something more useful there. Think how your readers are thinking. Think about that they might like to see there. A newsletter subscription form perhaps? Recent comments so they can see activity on your site? That kind of thing. Also add a sitemap too and link to your sites feed on your homepage. You'll be glad of it! :)

Rob Whisonant

I have tried to load it multiple times. Never loads completely for me. I do have a serious question for you though.

Why do you think it is a viral blog?

Hawker

Hawker
Probably because it has the word "buzz" in it like buzzfeed.com do.

Plus the type of content he is posting is viral like in nature as well.

ivanab

Your site looks very good...However, as others have mentioned...it would be good to have more text...

In addition, you can insert some google adsense as well under your images.

Especially since you have those, click to see more, inserting google adsense under those, can actually get you more clicks. (more revenue)

Too many images for my liking as well. Most ads get clicked on the right side s well as under the content...Top ads don't perform that well...

ulterios

ulterios
Placing Google AdSense ads on a site with duplicated or curated content is a quick was to get your account banned. While many get away with it, is it worth risking your AdSense account when there are other options like affiliate advertising that don't have the same risks?

Ron Killian

From what I've done with Adsense in the past (not that I was big), I earned pennies, with affiliate products I earn dollars. Yes, you get paid per click with adsense, but if those clicks are pennis, it takes while to add up.

Even more important, many affiliate products have sales funnels, so you "could" make more per sale. And what about recurring affiliate products and services? Adsense doesn't pay you on upsells or recurring payments.

ivanab

Placing Google AdSense ads on a site with duplicated or curated content is a quick was to get your account banned. While many get away with it, is it worth risking your AdSense account when there are other options like affiliate advertising that don't have the same risks?
While you are right if it is 100% exact curation...However, if you just place a new paragraph in front of the text (or change introductory), Google does not have a problem with that. Also, if you change few images from curated content, they allow it.

From what I've done with Adsense in the past (not that I was big), I earned pennies, with affiliate products I earn dollars. Yes, you get paid per click with adsense, but if those clicks are pennis, it takes while to add up.

Even more important, many affiliate products have sales funnels, so you "could" make more per sale. And what about recurring affiliate products and services? Adsense doesn't pay you on upsells or recurring payments.
Hi Ron, I would have agreed with you on this prior to the social media traffic, but now, you can get a lot of viral traffic to your site, and those little pennies do add up. A client of mine is actually generating 100-200 euros per day with it! Mostly with curated content (And little adjustments to each post!)

ulterios

ulterios
I understand that completely but Google will also know that if the whole site is nothing but duplicated/curated/scraped content and may take actions accordingly. When a site has the exact same content as countless others out there then it is at risk of being banned from AdSense. I am talking about being banned from AdSense and not from Google's index, just to be clear. Not to say that Google WILL take action, just that they can, do and have done.

You can also look at what is on the site in question and see that certain precautionary measures have not been taken. I didn't just look at the site and how it looks, but the articles in depth.

ivanab

ivanab
Yes :) I know you meant Google Adsense... And I had those same concerns when I first heard of this method... But there was a FB group and few webinars that I've attended, and they all said, they spoken to Google directly about it (as they are big adsense earners), and they said, as long as part of the text was changed, they were ok with it.

Also, those people ware spending LOT's of money on FB ads - so I am sure they did not want to take the risks.

One major change they were doing to their posts.

They would take LONG posts, and divide them into smart lists so this way content looked unique.

With G. it is always a risk... but, overall from what those guys were saying/showing, it was making them a ton!

ulterios

ulterios
Then that is changed content and not completely curated/scraped/duplicated as I stated was a bad idea.

Taking content and changing it will pass most of the time as long as it's changed enough to "Add Value" as Google likes to say. Hacking up and adding to a written work can be seen as adding that value (I guess).

Using what is basically just almost completely scraped content will be nothing but a big P.I.T.A. for the site owner at some point. Taking content and making it unique is something that is completely different. Many website and blog owners do it without any issues. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads