What's the number 1 goal when you started a blog in first year?

Tshepo

As all of us know that it's very hard and you are easy to get confused when you first started out your blog to get income in first year. Almost we usually spend more time to build backlinks, guest post, content writing, monetization, social media, SEO...etc.

My question is what's the number 1 goal we need to concentrate on when we first build out the blog in first year?

Thank you.

Mike001

Good content, followed by proper SEO. Those two things working hand in hand will build your presence on the web and lead to high volume well targeted traffic interested in what you have to say.

Reactions: Tshepo

Tshepo

Tshepo
Why do you suppose that good content and SEO are two main things to focus on?

SEO needs more time and you think 6 months or 1 year is enough to have good result from SEO?

Mike001

Good content draws traffic and links, good SEO is the ability to properly structure your pages and use valid keywords.

The amount of time that SEO takes will have a big dependency on how much competition that you have in your keywords. The stronger the competition the more time that you will need to be focused on good keywords and building your SEO. A topic that has little competition makes it easier for higher ranking in the search engine. Of course, finding areas with little competition is becoming harder and harder.

One of the tricks that I use with my keywords is using synonyms of the higher activity keywords. This gives me a good group of keywords and yet not the exact keywords that are overly used.

CyberAlchemist

CyberAlchemist
Could you elaborate this?

Why don't you target on high competitive keywords that using synonyms of them?

According to me, if you get high rankings for these keywords, then organic traffic can be less because they rarely search those terms you chose.

Gonzalus

Gonzalus
I think he mentioned about "overly used" keyword. For example: Computer at the first age of Internet was a very good keyword due to it's popular and large number of search volume. After a while, too many company jumped in and used Computer for their site's main keyword, it was "overly used" then. So people start to change their keyword, from Computer to PC, Laptop, then thay add brand like HP, Lenovo, Asus... People keep find out smaller niche to start with.
In short, changing your keyword mean you're trying to find a different, smaller niche for your site.

whland

My goal was to make money. But I knew my websites weren't gonna bring in alot of money overnight.

I planned to take it slow and eventually earn money. And after waiting for almost 4 years and building my website up it started bringing in a living income.

And still is today.

If your websites aren't making money in the first year, don't give up. Have patience and it will pay off "literally" even if it takes a few years.

Chad

imnathanjames

Content, i have had blogs for a while, I used to get a little lazy and not post in a while.
it's nothing to write one post a week or every 2 weeks. Then when you have enough content. Maybe 10-20 pages start promoting. Seo is can be important but do not rely on it. I did and i got so sick of trying to do the google dance i gave up. They kept changing things and i got sick of having to go back through my sites and update, take away what ever it was they hated.

Good luck

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads