Do we need add related keyword in Alt text Picture?

billwade79

As a title, please tell me,do we need that? Or we just add only focus keyword !
I'm have a website with about >100 picture. So I want to know, which one is better. Thank you!

hynds

Focus keywords are better than related keywords. And each post you will have each keyword and picture on it. However, if you have many pictures in only 1 post, you can use related keywords.

Mike001

The "Alternative Attributes of an Image Tag" or the ALT tag as it is more commonly known was developed to improve accessibility for impaired visitors to your website.

Over the last few years Alt tags have somehow become confused with SEO elements, this is not true and can actually hinder your SEO if the tag itself is optimized for SEO in a way thus taking away from the true meaning of the tag by giving a description of the image element.

The needs of SEO are best served by keeping the true meaning of the attribute in the forefront, accessibility for the impaired.

Write short, descriptive alt attributes for images that assist your users in understanding what the web page is about and how to perform their actions. In doing so, you’ll also be optimizing for SEO without having to worry about stuffing too much content or too many keywords into each one.

billwade79

Focus keywords are better than related keywords. And each post you will have each keyword and picture on it. However, if you have many pictures in only 1 post, you can use related keywords.
Yes I think so. But I think my keyword will be divided into many keyword and decrease SEO ! Would you think that?

The "Alternative Attributes of an Image Tag" or the ALT tag as it is more commonly known was developed to improve accessibility for impaired visitors to your website.

Over the last few years Alt tags have somehow become confused with SEO elements, this is not true and can actually hinder your SEO if the tag itself is optimized for SEO in a way thus taking away from the true meaning of the tag by giving a description of the image element.

The needs of SEO are best served by keeping the true meaning of the attribute in the forefront, accessibility for the impaired.

Write short, descriptive alt attributes for images that assist your users in understanding what the web page is about and how to perform their actions. In doing so, you’ll also be optimizing for SEO without having to worry about stuffing too much content or too many keywords into each one.
Many thanks to you - Mike. It's truly confuse to me now :D But after reading your reply. I've known what I did!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike001

No problem, this is an area that confuses many people when they are designing their page. One thing that I did not mention and should have, always make certain that the alt tag is completed on all images. That will be a negative hit to SEO if they are left blank.

Accessibility is a big part of page design and over the last few years they, the search engines, have really begun to pay much more attention to it.

alexraymonds

SEO by image is so difficult and less effective, but I think you should add keyword for alt text pictures,

Mike001

Adding a keyword in the ALT text description is only good if it does not take away from the description of the image.

As I stated in the earlier post:: The "Alternative Attributes of an Image Tag" or the ALT tag as it is more commonly known was developed to improve accessibility for impaired visitors to your website.

This is made very clear if you read through all the references in Google. Failure to follow the guidelines can actually hurt SEO as there are negative points if the ALT attribute is omitted or does not properly support the impaired visitors to the website.

mrjock

Don't over do it! Try and be descriptive of the picture instead of focusing mainly on the page keyword.

Alt tags are very useful for humans as well when the image is showing a 404 or not loaded for whatever reason.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.