How many backlinks should I have from one site?

Sean78Black

I saw I have 250 links from a site in google webmaster tool, are they too many links from a site?

if I remove all these links then how is this going to impact my website rankings? Please advise me only if you have experienced such issue.

samimnoorzaitgc

Quantity never matters when authority is considered. You can have as many backlinks as you want. Just stay away from spam/generated link sources.

One backlink can get you on top, while another may cause to penalize your website.
Be careful with link building especially as nowadays Google cares too much about backlinks

Hope you understand.

Thanks

Mike001

The more high quality back links the better. The key being high quality. If you stay with sites that pertain to our topic area to get your back links you should be fine.

ericplotz1

I saw I have 250 links from a site in google webmaster tool, are they too many links from a site?

if I remove all these links then how is this going to impact my website rankings? Please advise me only if you have experienced such issue.
When you get into high authority sites with multiple pages for categories, tags, etc... then its common to have 1,000s of links pointing at your site from one site. you'd be an idiot to delete any of these links unless they are from a site with a bad link profile.

LorisZ

Deleting links will not make any sense. The Ranking will be good if you have as much as backlinks for your Website. Just make sure that you generate those links through Blogs, social media, forum posting, infographic submission and etc.

sumit_sharma

If the links are quality backlinks then it won't poor down the ranking, but its from low authority or from bad profile it may do so. Be aware of these things while creating backlinks.

cheta

the number is still very much ok provided the backlinks are coming from sites of high domain authority. quality is better than quantity.

lkovnih226

lkovnih226
Obviously quality is always better than quantity, but if possible we should have both.

But can you define how is a high domain authority? what conditions to be a high domain authority?

TCoder

I think half the replies on this thread don't understand your question, so just ignore them.

@ericplotz1 was the only one that answered your question correctly.

Depending on the structure of the site linking to you, it can generate 100,000's of backlinks to your site. These are generally known as "SiteWide Links" - If your link is in the footer or a section that shows up on every page of that site.

I have one site that has 800,000 incoming links to one of my sites. Contrary to popular belief, google knows who the spammy sites, you don't need to submit a disavow list. They won't count those links anyway. A lot of people are so scared that this site is linking to them and it's hurting their rankings. A disavow file just lets google know about potential spammy sites. I heard a lot of stories of SEO Experts who take over and SEO for a site and the first thing they do is remove the Disavow file and 10 days later it just jumps in rank.

You shouldn't use one, even google cautiously tells you to make absolute sure you want to disavow links.

kathyclark_sams

The more the backlink you have, the better search engine ranking. There's no certain number of backlinks fixed for better result. Although few aspect such as anchor text, link juice, DoFollow/NoFollow, Spam Links etc needs to be taken care of.

Sean78Black

I heard a lot of stories of SEO Experts who take over and SEO for a site and the first thing they do is remove the Disavow file and 10 days later it just jumps in rank. .
You just heard of it but you never do it so I doubt that, SEO experts never reveal their techniques.

You do realize that SERP Algo partially based on backlinks?

:dontknow:

fastreplies
We have some sites and getting top search engine results without building backlinks for them. Do you believe in that?

fastreplies

fastreplies
Yes
is you're using jkhsdrgh khsdfgkh as your keywords

No
if you're using links to your internal pages: About, Privacy, Terms and so on
and at least you show me where Google says which links are count... NO

:)

fastreplies

Older threads
Replies
Views
wms
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.