How to show the blog post as full text in Wordpress blog?

blando89

Hello,

I a posted my first blog and on the blog page it shows the blog post as full text. I want to have it so that i shows half of it until you click on the title which then takes you to the full blog post. Any ideas how to do this in WordPress?

Thanks!

Tshepo

Hello,

I a posted my first blog and on the blog page it shows the blog post as full text. I want to have it so that i shows half of it until you click on the title which then takes you to the full blog post. Any ideas how to do this in WordPress?

Thanks!
What pages do you want to show blog posts as full text? homepage or category?

What are your current codes on your wordpress template?

Depends on your codes, everyone can show you out the ways.

blando89

The blog is on my website on a blog page. So it's not on the main home page like some people do. I have a separate menu at the top that says Blog. The Blog shows as full text. What I want it to do is when someone goes to the Blog page they will see my blogs but half the text until they click on whatever blog they want to read. Right now it shows the blog as full.

ericplotz1

Hello,

Thanks!
Do you have the actual blog page set to a blog template?

wp page template.jpg

It should automatically set it to be excerpts.

What theme are you using??

Ron Killian

Just use the "more" button. Can cut off the post exactly where you want.

Or, there should be a setting, usually under your theme settings to do full or excerpts.

blando89

Actually, i figured it out. I went to settings and blog. I saw that the Post page was not selected for whatever reason. So i changed that to blog, and i was able to modify the post as a summary until you click on the blog.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads