Need opinion about my competitor's website

Mike001

If the links are truly spam links they will eventually take a penalty for those links. Google will catch them, they always do.

I tend to not focus on my competitors sites, I focus on my own and continue to build what I think is best for my site. It takes time and effort to build a good following but if you are consistent and stay focused on your topic it will come. I look for month to month improvement on my links and traffic. As long as I stay with my goals I know that things will build.

Building web traffic is a science and like most sciences there are very few shortcuts. It is all a process.

Set realistic expectations, keep adding good content, build your social networks and it will grow. Social networks are a big way of adding traffic to your site. But first and foremost you have to have good, original and meaningful content. That is what brings traffic.

SEOPub

Hi, I've just start to work on a new site not long ago. Thing still goes normally until one of my competitor start to spam his links. He gets 15k links in a few days, and now it increases to 22k links but Google hasn't done anything yet.

Some other site start to spam their links too. What should I do ?
How do you know they are spamming links? An increase doesn't always equal spam.

Mike001

Great point, SEOPub. I can't believe that I missed that. Sometimes I miss the forest through the trees.

That is an excellent point, they may just be doing a crack up job on their SEO and site content.

mrjock

Can you maybe share the link of your competitor and we can look at the backlink profile?

Also are you sure nothing has just went viral on there website?

Gonzalus

My competitor's website: iglooreviews.com
I use Ahrefs to check and his site has 22k+ backlinks now. Most of those (~22k links =.=) are from a site name Turiba.lv

remindbg

Content is everything now, and maybe some social signals. But okay - try to get some high quality articles with 900-1000 words and publish it as guest blogging or in any article directory. You can also try to buy some links, but only on similar content website.

Cheers

hoabantrang

I think to get a lot of backlink in this case he must do in long time, and back link put in his profile, such as signatue.

Gonzalus

As I mentioned: most of his link come from a site name Turiba.lv (he write some "thank you" type comment, and after a week or so it becomes 10k+ links. I know it cause I tried it too ^^). But that kind of links seems worthless cause my rank didn't go up any little.
For someone with small business, and also a new beginner like me, I have to try everything I can to see what suited the best. Keep learning little by little, figure out one thing from another; even myth might help sometimes.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.