Pros and Cons of using Wordpress

MaxiPads889

So I'm debating what to set my blog up on. What are the big pros and cons when it comes to Wordpress?

Ron Killian

Pro's and con's to everything and every one will have an opinion. :)

If you don't want to do techy things, and just want to blog, wordpress can be a nice option. There are so many theme's and plugins these days.

Just make sure you set it up on your own hosting, a self hosted wordpress blog.

Rob Whisonant

For a blog? Go with Wordpress. That is what it does best. Just keep up with the updates to reduce the threat of it being hacked.

For a squeeze page, sales page or other site that does not change frequently, learn HTML5 and twitter bootstrap. :) You will be glad you did.

PatrickT

WordPress has some of the most crucial plugins for blogging such as Disqus, which allows comments to be more ineractive and links commenters and websites. Also it's SEO friendly, so the comments can be indexed by search engines. Another one is Yoast SEO- hands down, the best SEO plugin. It lets you know if the post or the tittle of your post is long enough, if the images on your post include the focus keyword, if the description you wrote helps perfect the ranking of the page in search results and so on... Threse plugins are the musts to have!!!!

Mike001

If you are interested, I have some of the best Twitter Bootstrap tutorials on the net. I have been teaching Bootstrap as well as web engineering at a College level for many years and have adapted most of that material to video presentations that are available on my site. Many of them are free to view in the Bootstrap section of the site.

I also have a 24 hour course that covers all aspects of Bootstrap and includes many learning challenges as you learn the different sections.

Plus, and this is a big plus, I support all my students. If you need any help as you are going through the training, you can contact me through the site and I will help you with any aspects you need additional information on.

I do not normally self plug but based on your question, I thought I would throw this in.

Let me know if you need any help.

WebmasterPhil

Pros: Fast installation, world-wide community, and tons of plug-ins.

Cons: Customizing the themes might be difficult if you're not an expert in HTML, CSS, and PHP.

Cherin

Pros :
* You can modify content fast using CMS
* You can use Best Plugins to Increase your Website visibility
* SEO and E-Commerce Plug-ins are available to improve your online business.
* You can create mobile compatible websites
* Scalable, Free and open source software
* You can maintain your Blog activities
* Most popular and user friendly

Cons :
* You need update it regularly.
* Immediately you will not get traffic

Claire_Anderson

WordPress is very good for ecommerce development but when using the WordPress, there are two things that are important for the security of the WordPress website. First, do not use an insecure plugin in your website because this year, 16000 WordPress websites were hacked by the hackers because insecure plugins were used in these websites. The hackers used these insecure plugins to create a backdoor in the application, to steal the sensitive user data. If you want to use third party plugins, make sure that the plugins do not cause security issues in your application. And the second important thing is to keep the WordPress updated. Because of hackers recent attack, the developers are constantly adding new updates to keep the WordPress applications safe from the hackers.
Following are the advantages and disadvantages of WordPress:

Advantages:

1. WordPress is easy to learn and use.
  2. Installation process is very fast
  3. Development in WordPress is cheaper
  4. It is rich in themes and plugins
  5. It offers SEO plugins to make the website search engine friendly
  6. Easy to add and remove plugins
Disadvantages:
  1. WordPress updates the software very frequently
  2. Customizing the theme is costly
  3. After updating the site contents does not look the same

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.