Review my new theme for Webmasterbabble

Status
Not open for further replies.

whland

Hello all.

I'm wanting to get some feedback on the theme I installed on webmasterbabble.com forum.

I recently upgraded the forum software so needed a new theme as well.

Thanks

Chad

Last edited by a moderator:

ulterios

You site looks real nice and I really like how the colors look and go together. The only thing visually that I would change is the logo as it doesn't go with the rest of the site and looks like it doesn't belong. The navigation works well. The site looks real nice and clean as well as having a modern look to it.

Overall I would say it's really good looking and functioning. I don't know what it looked like before, but now I wouldn't change much with it. There are a few things that I noticed the are either requirements to change or IMO would make it even better. They are listed below.

Needs a favicon

Needs the social links fixed - Goes to a 404 error page now

Needs a privacy policy and disclosure statement - These are required by the FCC and your affiliate advertisers to have affiliate ads on the site.

Maybe change the color of the Site name/logo. It looks out of place.

A lot of the images on the home page are not showing up and they are linked to a file instead of an image.

Change the copyright in the footer - it says 2014 (this can make potential members think the site isn't updated often)

Great job, I really like it. :thumb:

Reactions: whland

whland

whland
Thanks for the great review. Glad you like it.

I agree that logo isn't that great. It's what I used from the start and I never really liked it myself. Just threw it together when I started the forum.

Probably have someone create me a new logo soon. I'd do it but I'm not that good at creating those logos.

lol

Will work on implementing all those other suggestions as well.

Thanks

Chad

ulterios

ulterios
You are most welcome my friend. ;)

It's not that the logo is that bad, it's just that the color is completely different from the rest of the colors on the theme/style that you are using. Something in a red that is similar to that red bar below the first ad would look nice.

Something in this color or similar:

cooltext189984473419348.png

cooltext189984398393032.png

Reactions: whland

ulterios

ulterios
You are most welcome.

I just took a look and , WOW! Changing the logo color really makes a nice difference. It looks awesome and matches the red bar below the ad. It's amazing how one little change can really make a difference. It makes it look like the logo and theme were made to go together. Looks nice and clean.

Really nice looking forum. I'll be checking the forum out more completely soon, seems like a nice place to be a member. ;)

Hawker

Well I really like the domain name that's a good name for a webmaster forum and you've got the .com. From a design POV I'm not really seeing anything different than what I normally see on a forum running on this platform and I think I've seen this theme before but it does look smart, modern and presentable and the new logo that ult done you makes it much more pleasing on the old blinkers. Nice one! :thumb: On focus I see you have lots of forums and all like quite busy so you have that going for you right off the bat instead of someone just asking for a brand new forum with not much activity to be reviewed. I like the look of the place and joined up so I guess we could say that was a success and hope that turns out to be the right move for me in the future too. Cheers! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies