Digital Business Cards?

sandykimball

Who thinks that digital business cards will be a good lead generator for your business?

For me, I think that we need less paper business cards and we are ready for digital cards that can be changed easily and with videos, audio and linked to all social media. I would love to get your
opinion please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Whisonant

I see a few problems with these. They do look great but have some inherent problems.

1. You can't quickly just hand a card to someone you meet at a business function.
2. These are out of site, out of mind. A physical card you get from someone usually ends up on your desk, if you keep it. You then see it frequently.

They do look cool but personally I don't see a use for them.

sandykimball

Digital Business Card

I see a few problems with these. They do look great but have some inherent problems.

1. You can't quickly just hand a card to someone you meet at a business function.
2. These are out of site, out of mind. A physical card you get from someone usually ends up on your desk, if you keep it. You then see it frequently.

They do look cool but personally I don't see a use for them.
Thank you for your input. I just like the idea that if you are not in front of someone you can easily text or email your business card. A business card with video streaming, a blog, photos, address map, audio, website links to multiple sites. And all of this can be changed and updated at any time.

Hawker

Guys why are you so against digital business cards? They can be very very effective for brand building and lead generation!

Another thing that's trending right now is infographic resumes. Did you read about that guy Zhi Liang who created the first infographic resume?

Zhi-Liang-first-Infographic-Resume.jpg

It actually got him the job! These can be sent to someone by email, or shared on your site or social media pages.

They can also be given out to clients or included with other promotional material as well.

You can print something like that out as well and include it with your white paper resume (CV).

I think they're cool and they will eventually replace or nicely accompany paper resumes even too.

They let you visualise yourself, your skills, experience, credentials and contact details etc in a visually pleasing way.

You guys can't see the woods for the trees! :rolleyes2:

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
Let me rephrase my response just a little. I am NOT against them. I just personally would send someone a link to my website instead of a digital business card.

Also, if someone sent me a digital business card it would most likely never be looked at a second time by me. If they sent me a website, I would most likely bookmark that and possibly refer back to it.

If they gave me a physical business card, if it interested me, it would get place on my desk where it has a better chance of being seen again.

Hope that helps to clear up my stance on digital business cards. They are just not my cup of tea. They may work great for others. They just won't work great for me as I prefer other forms. AKA real physical business cards and websites.

Rob Whisonant

Now this topic would make a nice poll. It would be very interesting to see who would use them and who would not. From both the giving and receiving position.

Carlos Tabora

I think printed business cards are essential and Vcards are a nice option to have as you say for sending contact info to people virtually. Can people automatically download your contact information from your Vcard directly into their smartphone? If so, that's one of the main benefits that I would see for having a Vcard.

SenseiSteve

I also think printed business cards are a must, but Vcards are important as well. You want to put as many hooks out there as possible.

Lothian

Why not digitize your paper business card, too? By adding QR codes or social handles etc.

Ron Killian

I say both as well. Nothing like having a card in hand. Don't see printed business cards going out any time soon.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.