Which the best android version?

Md Sumon

Which the best android version?

Last edited by a moderator:

janejury

i think we have not found the accurate answer for your question because after this version is another version with upgrade and it never end. thereby, we can't decide which is the best, just which is better and how better.

Mike001

The best version of the Android software is the most recent version because it addresses security issues with the previous versions.

That is pretty much true with every update that comes out for the Android OS. Did you know that the Android OS is the MOST popular mobile OS in the world. That's true. In spite of all the iPhones sold.

Don't we wish that we could say that each version of Windows was an improvement on the previous version......

ulterios

To the OP, Mike hit the nail on the head. The best version of Android is always (unless they do something stupid) going to be the most recent version. Besides the security issues that each new version addresses there are also usually some nice improvements in what and how things are done.

Don't we wish that we could say that each version of Windows was an improvement on the previous version......
Mike, I REALLY wish that was true! One of my laptops has started having some issues since upgrading to Windows 10 over 8.1. It's also supposed to be faster but my 8.1 was really moving along fast, with 10 it's very noticeably slower.

I have been seriously thinking about going back to Win 8.1. ;)

EpicGlobalWeb

ULT & Mike, I'd like to point out, however, that the last version before most recent has security advantages because new versions are sometimes subject to zero-days :)

However, Android in general isn't all that secure. In fact, it's a joke, really. Ubuntu phone is really well put together security wise but in my opinion actually the iPhone is most secure for the simple reason that it doesn't allow third-party apps.

Mike001

iPhone doesn't allow third party apps? Where did that come from? There are thousands / 10's of thousands of 3rd party apps for the iPhone.

That I am certain of as I have written a few for some of my bigger customers. The biggest difference that I can tell from the Android 3rd Party Apps and the iPhone 3rd Party Apps is that Apple has a much tighter control on the IOS and who can sell their apps in the store. Some people think this may have a positive effect on the security of the apps but I think it has more to do with control of the apps and the percentage that Apple takes from the sales. Even in the late 70's and early 80's when the home computer was just getting popular Apple was very restrictive on what could be done with their OS.

IOS and the Apple OS in general have always been tightly controlled and have tight limitations on what areas of the IOS and OS that developers have access too.

I would be very shocked if Android, Apple or even Microsoft, and the Microsoft one has plenty of reasons to believe otherwise, ever released an OS with zero-days test. That would be suicidal for a company. As an example, and there are many, but this is the one I actually have a white paper on, Android Honeycomb, released in Feb. 2011, had over 50,000 man-hours in the Alpha Test, and 22,000 man-hours in the beta test. That is a lot of testing.

Even with all that testing there were a couple of pretty serious flaws that had slipped through. That is always going to happen because of different devices, test parameters, hardware, drivers, etc. It is just part of writing software.

No software is tested more thoroughly then the Windows OS. I know that it may be hard to believe that but it is true. I was a part of the MSDN for many years. I have never been a fan of Windows, especially the more recent versions, but when you have 100's of senior developers, writing millions of lines of code, supporting 100's of millions of machines, many of them very outdated, with thousands of different hardware devices, and 10's of thousands of different drivers, I am totally amazed that it works at all half the time.

Sorry I kind of got off track. But there are many 3rd party Apps for the IOS and Android is tested very well before release, some things will just always slip through.

EpicGlobalWeb

Mike, allow me to clarify - they don't allow third party apps outside of their app store. Where as you can install an android app from anywhere, even outside the play store.

Mike, I REALLY wish that was true! One of my laptops has started having some issues since upgrading to Windows 10 over 8.1. It's also supposed to be faster but my 8.1 was really moving along fast, with 10 it's very noticeably slower.

I have been seriously thinking about going back to Win 8.1. ;)
Everyone who ever had Windows 10 that I know has said this.

annawilliams25

There is no best version of Android as such. You could call the latest version of Android on your phone as the best for it would the features lacking in the previous versions. With each update, the latest would become the best.

kammy

It is hard to say, because models of android phones changes ever so often. The android phones now a days offers a lot of good features but as soon as another version comes out, it comes with a new feature and a better version of the previous ones.

Marako0406

Marako0406

It's more likely the most recent would be the best yet since they are saying that on every upgrade or update there's overall optimization, minimalism and new feature going on. Every year there's an update and upgrade so it's really hard to tell but what's latest would be maybe better than the previous one and I think some people don't really bother about it and just buy new ones just for the trend's sake.

joynelowwtwo

this is absolutely hard to answer. because every android version had a different features and a device to support. Android versions vary also the Smart phone you will use it if its high end or low end devices . Android version affect also the types of application you must install in your Smart Phones some application runs with the android version requirements. So its better to be updated than to stay on your current Android version the most common android version today is Lollipop 5.0, Marshmallow 6.0 and Nougat 7.0. you must choose by your own.

daisy02

For me, the best of Android is Android Nougat 7.1 is the latest version. that's what I know is the latest version. If they had a new one I didn't know it, Android Nougat 7.1 is the the best for gaming and and thing you need.

spoorti1509

There is no such called best version. It depends on individuals likings and I personally like Naugat

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.