Host Medics Grand Opening and Website Launch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HM-Mike

Hi All,

Just putting our site out there for some valuable criticism and ideas. We just launched our business to the public today!

hostmedics.com

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron Killian

Surprises me how many people try to get into hosting, it's so competitive.

As for your site, your fancy slide show is a huge waste of space. It might look "cool" but it tells the visitor nothing. The only text I saw was 600 fibers. Most people probably don't know what they means or if they even care.

Worst that slide show takes up the entire above the fold space on my smaller monitor. I am guessing most people are going to bounce because your not telling them anything. Most people are probably not going to get it. How does that fancy slide show help you sell your service?

Don't mean to be negative, you asked. :)

That above the fold space is your one chance to grab a visitor, to keep them reading on, or lose them for good. That is were you really need to sell your service.

"Host Medics has the proper hardware, software, and network to maintain server performance and stability to offer you at the lowest possible price."

That is selling the features more than the benefits if you ask me. You need to tell then what's in it for them, what they will gain.

The rest of the site looks pretty good.

Mike001

I have to agree with Ron, it is a nice looking site but the animated show above the fold, looks impressive but relays little to no information.

You really need to use that space to grab your visitors and get them interested enough to scroll down the screen. When I first got on the site I didn't even realize what you were trying to sell. Grab your customers and let them know exactly why you are different then the rest.

Stand out, differentiate your service from all the others.

Sometimes we can overdo the animations and fly-outs, they can become a distraction that really does not help us relay our message. That is what strikes me about the site. There is a lot of movement and a lot of distractions from the text.

Also , a 99.9% up-time in web hosting is not that good. Think about what you are saying.

That means that a business using your systems will lose 8 hrs and 46 minutes per year. That is over a full day of downtime. When you are running an on-line business that is a lifetime because we all know that our downtime will occur during the busiest times of the year when we need the up-time most. That is when that system will be stretched and pushed to its limits. Three 9's as it is referred to in the industry is not that good a stat for a business site, it is acceptable for a personal site but I would question that for a business site.

What is your market, business or personal or both. Differentiate the markets, and design your landing pages accordingly.

Just some thoughts to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.