How much should you expect to pay for a logo?

Tshepo

I need to create a really good looking company logo for my new site and I learned from some videos on Youtube to use Illustrator to create but seem it's too hard for me. I think I should hire a logo designer to design the logo for me but I have no idea about pricing. Here is my question, how much should you expect to pay for a logo? how to deal price with your logo designer to give a suitable price for both?

Mike001

It all depends on many factors.

1. How complex is the Logo?
2. Do you have a basic design that you are looking to complete or are you starting from scratch?
3. What types of formats do you need the Logo in, web, print, newsletter, email, app. All of these can tend to be different based on size and medium and can add to the cost.
4. How many colors? Adds to the cost for print and newsletter production.
5. How many different file formats will you require?
6. How many sizes will be needed and will the Logo scale able?

7. Very Important - do you plan to have exclusive rights to the design. Believe it or not there are organizations that design and sell logo designs that DO NOT surrender rights to their designs. You use the logo and they own the rights to the logo. Sounds harmless doesn't it. WRONG. In the event that your new business takes off how would you like to have to license your own design for use in advertising. That has actually happened to some larger organizations. Don't fall for the trap make certain that when the logo is complete you have exclusive rights to the logo and you own the design. Get it in writing.

These are a few of the questions a good graphics designer will ask you when you contract for a Logo. Make sure everything is spelled out in writing prior to committing to a contract.

Remember, if it is not in the contract, it does not exist. You will hear the term "out of scope" quite a bit when dealing with these types of contracts or commitments. Whenever you hear that term that means that want to add additional costs to the original agreement. Try to keep everything in scope you do that by making certain that everything is documented up front.

Cost will be based on the quality of the organization and many of the factors listed above.

A logo is your brand, it becomes the doorway to your business. Take the design seriously and make certain that it portrays what you are looking to project as a business. It is normally your first impression to your customers.

I hope this helps. I actually have a pretty extensive checklist when I do this for my customers, on both logos and copyrighted graphics. I have built that list over many years of dealing contractors. This is a part of that list.

wms

Administrator
Staff member
wms
You obviously are a logo designer so you knew these factors in designing a logo for websites. :D

I never heard that colors or file formats can affect cost for a logo. How would you explain these?

Normally I used to see portfolio of a logo designer to see which logos they did and I can estimate their levels so that give a suitable price.

Mike001

WMS,

I have not been a logo designer but many times in the course of the projects that I am running for customers I will include the Logo design in the project costs and then sub contract that out to a designer. This is common in the Freelance web development business. We try to be a one stop shop for the customer so we tend to have many different sub contractors that we deal with in the completion of a project.

Over the years I have found that designers will charge for each type of file format that the customer requires. Again this is not unusual as they are developing each file format for the particular graphic or logo based on the type of medium that I am requesting.

There will be different formats for print, display, mobile display, newsletters, etc. If we use and develop vector images that can make the process much easier. As a true vector image can be scaled up or down without too much degradation to the actual image. But there are certain complex images that you just cannot vector well and those will need to be developed in the particular sizes that we need.

I hope this helps with your question.

HighProxies

There are some that will design a logo for only $5. but if you want something that is more complex or someone that spends more time on it, you will pay more. You will pay for what you get.

ElixantTechnology

Depends on the level of quality you are requiring as well as whether it is needed to be unique for a brand. You can pay $5 for a downloaded vector that is mass distributed and you just get it customized, or you can pay $200-2,000 for a logo that is unique to your brand and able to be used as your corporate entity.

empresa87

Everything depends on the quality of your project. If it is something quite serious concidere spend at least 200$
You can also find good jobs 50$ to 100$... but forget the 5$

grimgrinn

It really depends. You can find great rookie designer how will do your logo just for 5 bucks and oldschool design guru who wants minima 100 bucka for just put your company name in a cericle. Keep searching )

EpicGlobalWeb

It's funny you ask this because I just hired a logo designer not 10 minutes ago. I paid $35 for a 500 x 300 redesign of my current logo.

ivanab

Depends how good it needs to be... I know some people paid 400 -500 for a logo and on a fiverr you can get it for like $5 :)

So if you need something that is really standing out, and professional, the price will be higher...

for some of my niche sites, I don't pay more than $5-10. but those are quick flip sites so I don't care as much about branding and long term stuff.

lehongan

I think you should invest $50-$100 for a logo. If you can invest more money, you will get more quality logo.
Try to search logo design service on Freelancer or Fiverr, you will find a lot of good services.

noorucn

Hello

There are many logo designer online where you can easily create logo with easy customisation according to our need. If you dont have time for that, go with fiverr.com. You can get a good looking logo for just 5$. With some buyers, you will be getting upto 3-4 corrections.

FreebieBoy34

I need to create a really good looking company logo for my new site and I learned from some videos on Youtube to use Illustrator to create but seem it's too hard for me. I think I should hire a logo designer to design the logo for me but I have no idea about pricing. Here is my question, how much should you expect to pay for a logo? how to deal price with your logo designer to give a suitable price for both?
My advice on this is try to find our first what is the average fee for logo design services and determine whether or not the logo that was made is reasonable enough to be paid according to the standard logo fees. If it's complicated, then there is a possibility you have to pay a bit more. On the other hand, you might have to pay les if the logo is just simple. In any case, you need to talk to the logo designer first and come up with an agreement until both sides will be satisfied of the price...:)

EIZO

You get what you paid for, the price is variable, from 5$ to 1k$, depends on your budget and on your expectations.

kim16

In my corporate branding experience, you dont only pay for the the logo. You pay for an entire branding package which includes logo design and other significant stuff for marketing mileage. But in your case, I honestly am not sure.

thewealthybum

I spent $5 on my logo. Take a look at Fiverr to get a good idea of how much money you will need to spend. You can usually find something pretty cheap. there is a ton of competition on Fiverr, so you should be able to get something you like within your budget.

You can even create a listing on Fiverr describing what it is you are looking for, and designers will bid on the project.

Bridge

The fee for logo design at Fiverr is so cheap.You can find someone to design a logo for you less than $7

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.