Anyone using Steemit? The social media site that pays you to contribute

Hawker

Last night I came across an interesting article in my Newsreader app about a site called Steemit (steemit.com). The reason it made the news was because it has made a landmark payout of $1.3 million dollars to it's users and early significant contributors that are paid for posting high quality content to the site in a wide range of different subjects from politics to gardening, music & entertainment and more.

Steemit is a "decentralized social media platform" and has now been running for 3 months. They say that "more than $1.3 million worth of the Steem supply was distributed into the wallets of thousands of users across the world. From every corner, users have been drawn to Steemit because the system actually rewards thoughtful comments, unlike Reddit or Twitter. The community and the blockchain together power a system that gets better and better every day."

Half of the $1.3 million supply of Steem was distributed in Steem Dollars, which is basically a form of Steem worth roughly one US dollar, and half in Steem Power, a vesting currency that supercharges voting power via the platform.

One guy who posted an article 20 hours ago is apparently going to get paid $1,951.59 for it and that amount keeps going up the more people that comment on and upvote it.

You can create an account with Facebook or Twitter and then post unique articles to the site which other people can "upvote" and the more upvotes you get on your articles, the more you get paid.

I'm still trying to get my head around how Steem works but these videos should bring you up to speed about how the basics of Steem works and how you can use it to make money by posting high quality content on the site that other Steem users like.

wms

Administrator
Staff member
Not ever heard about this social media before, maybe I will have a look when I have free time

Even for Facebook, I also decreased activities on it, we are working for free on social networks while they are earning billions of dollars from that :D

Just my ¢0.02!

Carlos Tabora

Thanks for sharing. Briefly checked out the site and Steemit seems like a brilliant, unique idea that helps their site stand above the crowd of viral content Websites like Buzzfeed.com and ViralNova.com by adding community, gamification and ecommerce components to it. At face value, I like what they're trying to do. Will have to definitely keep tabs on this site for future reference.

Chancer

I must say the intro video turns me off... seems too populistic at the beginning.

Do i understand correctly that Steem money must be first converted to bitcoin before you can put it on your bank account?

This is interesting though. Can earn money while driving traffic to your own sites plus creating potentially quality backlinks at the same time.

imnathanjames

I have just started using it. 5 minutes on there and someone riled me.
The problem with steemit and other forums social media is that any content you put up gets swallowed straight away. Also Idiots write something just for the sake of getting involved.
But i have seen people make around $2000 with one single post.I think it helps to have a large following tho.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
wms
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
wms
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.