What do you do if your website doesn't generate revenue within 1 year?

Tshepo

Usually you will spend money on domains, web hosting, cost for advertising, content, web template..to have a complete website but what do you do if it doesn't generate revenue within 1 year?

Some ways could appear in your mind after 1 year without revenue with it, you will let the domain expire? sell whole site? find a new way to generate revenue for it? what ways will you use to make that website profitable so you can continue funding the website costs?

Carlos Tabora

What business models are you trying now to generate revenue from your Website? Product sales, affiliate offers, advertising?

ulterios

Usually you will spend money on domains, web hosting, cost for advertising, content, web template..to have a complete website but what do you do if it doesn't generate revenue within 1 year?
If you aren't making money off of it then i'd say it's time to try making some changes. Try other monetization methods, make sure that you have good content on your site, step up your SEO efforts and do some things differently.

Some ways could appear in your mind after 1 year without revenue with it, you will let the domain expire? sell whole site? find a new way to generate revenue for it? what ways will you use to make that website profitable so you can continue funding the website costs?
You could let it expire if you don't think that you can change things and get it to start producing revenue. As for selling, how would you be able to do that and who would you sell a site to that isn't making money? Yes, there are some sites that have value if they aren't making money but most buyers would want to know and calculate what a site's revenue is before being seriously interested in the site.

If it was me, i'd rethink things and make some big changes. Get some better content, do some extra marketing, some redesigning and some other big changes to see if that makes a difference...

Ron Killian

One problem I see time and time again, many people don't finish what they start, so of course it doesn't make any money. Or those people that "work" on their site for years, never getting it done and never making anything from it.

If it's finished, and you've driven traffic to, tweaked it (conversions) only then can you say it's income or a dud.

elcidofaguy

The question you should ask is:

1) Who is your target audience?
2) What are their pain points?
3) What is it that your are offering which will help?

At the end of the day people are in the most part skeptical. You need to help and build trust which in turn leads to conversions... So figure out what it is that your target audience wants and provide accordingly.

crzyoverlord

crzyoverlord
Before I even start a site, I do research online to find my target audience and what I can offer to them. If you have something valuable to offer, they will come to your site. Also, if I'm not attracting an audience or making any sales in 3 months, I might move on to another project.

Alpha Sales

There are so many factors to consider. The one question I would ask is how much time and effort have you put into it? There is a lot more then goes into a website, than slapping one up and hoping the money will roll in.

Muzzamil

You shouldn't wait a whole year to test if your website generates any revenue because if you don't make any revenue, you would waste a whole year. What you can do is 3-weeks test. Test for 3 weeks and see how much money you have made. If it has't generated any money, you should tweak it or make some changes. This way you can save time and find out what changes have made you money and how you can keep doing that. Hope I helped. Good Luck!

tony2017

If your not making money with a website after 1 year then you need to let it go! Make a different website because you need to find your winners. Also ranking for websites is really difficult these days, there are better ways to make money online!

TheAuthor

Well domain age is quite important so no, keep your domain. It sounds like you have a conversion problem, perhaps as a result of content quality. All your pages and posts should exceed 1000 words, there are also a few things like your Favicon and site SSL certification that plays an important role. In my opinion, I think you should just keep going...

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.