Advanced DNS settings are not available in cPanel

Albertwu

I have a basic shared hosting plan. I'd like to change my DNS records to point to my Github Pages site. However, the "Advanced DNS Settings" option is not available in my cPanel. How do I access this?

Mark Z.

@Albertwu

You need to contact your hosting provider to allow you edit DNS setting for your sites. But almost they don't allow to have a custom DNS on shared hosting package.

If you want to access full functions of WHM/cpanel, you should go for a VPS which you can configure whatever you want without any limitations.

vps9

Upgrade your hosting service to get all features and options in cPanel. Or you can ask your hosting provider to assist you on this. usually the DNS setting are handled by hosting providers. they do not charge you for this.

UWH-David

It is listed under feature manager in Web Host Manager. They may enable it for you, especially if you use a service like CloudFlare with www cname aliases.

vishwa

You need to contact your hosting provider to make changes with your DNS records. This is the major issue webmaster faces to host a domain and hosting at a same place.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.