What are your thoughts about phpBB?

arindamb

Phpbb is a pretty decent free forum software. The main advantages with it is that it is free and provides everything you need to start your own forum. It is not a stronger forum cms like vbulletin, xenforo, ipb, Woltlab..etc but it is still a good option if you want to start a new forum that lack funds?

Rob Whisonant

It works very well. Does have a little bit of a learning curve to get everything setup. Also since it is open source, make sure you stay on top of updates to help reduce any security vulnerabilities.

ulterios

Phpbb is a pretty decent free forum software. The main advantages with it is that it is free and provides everything you need to start your own forum. It is not a stronger forum cms like vbulletin, xenforo, ipb, Woltlab..etc but it is still a good option if you want to start a new forum that lack funds?
If you are looking at free forum software then phpBB is pretty good. I prefer myBB personally after using both. myBB has themes with the more modern looks that I like plus there are some really cool plugins for many of the features found in the paid forum softwares.

I did extensive testing and the configuration is easier with myBB. (You can also make it look like vB and XenForo if you want :thumb: )

Reactions: arindamb

arindamb

arindamb
I have not got any experience with myBB but from your recommendations on this forum software, I will try to check it out. I am planning to use a paid forum software than a free one because I think it has better features and support.

JonaHost

Completely agree with ulterios...Choose MYBB as i also found it easier to manage, more mods, themes and less spam.

hoangvu

It works very well. Does have a little bit of a learning curve to get everything setup. Also since it is open source, make sure you stay on top of updates to help reduce any security vulnerabilities.
This I would to say...:)

Completely agree with ulterios...Choose MYBB as i also found it easier to manage, more mods, themes and less spam.
I didn't use MYBB and heard it is a free forum cms, saw more people switch from MYBB to Xen, VB or IPB, so I would suggest to buy a paid forum software if you possible and you will not waste your time to change your forum to another forum cms when your forum grows.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads