How search engines judge the Value of a Link?

harrygreen90

I ussuablly share my sites' links on dofollow blogs or forum but I am not sure they are valuable under search engines' eyes. Does anyone explain how search engines judge the value of a link? What SEO factors will they consider it's a valuable link?

wittycookie

Search Engine bot gives a link according to Page Authority(PA) and Domain Authority(DA). If you want to your link value so make links on good and high DA and PA authorities websites.

Chancer

Text in which the link is inserted also plays a role.
Also how closely related are the thematic of your website and the thematic of the website your link is on.

I suspect the text in the post your link is inserted also plays a big role. Might someday even have the predominant role. But that is just my guess as it seems the logical step forward.

wms

Administrator
Staff member
Search engines are looking at things like:

• Relevance across the page
  • The type of content in close proximity to the link
  • Where the link is located on the page
  • Co-citations and co-occurrences
  • The quality of links pointing to the page the link is on
I have to agree with these points from SEOPub, they are exact!

I ussuablly share my sites' links on dofollow blogs or forum but I am not sure they are valuable under search engines' eyes. Does anyone explain how search engines judge the value of a link? What SEO factors will they consider it's a valuable link?
For me, under search engines' eyes then they see a link or a valuable link like this

Code:
link --> link <-- link
and

Code:
link <-- link --> link
Hope it helps!

harrygreen90

Search Engine bot gives a link according to Page Authority(PA) and Domain Authority(DA). If you want to your link value so make links on good and high DA and PA authorities websites.
I would go with SEOPub's answer below. I don't care DA and PA authorities websites.

• Where the link is located on the page
  • The quality of links pointing to the page the link is on
I don't understand two these factors, could you please share more details on them?

What is the best location for a link on a page and links pointing to the page from which pages? high quality page content?

Text in which the link is inserted also plays a role.
Are you saying to links in articles which can help better rankings for a keyword?

SEOPub

Where the link is located on the page
The quality of links pointing to the page the link is on
I don't understand two these factors, could you please share more details on them?

What is the best location for a link on a page and links pointing to the page from which pages? high quality page content
Generally, the higher up on a page a links shows up, the more authority Google gives it. Navigation links are stronger than a link at the end of your content. Blog comment links are junk. Side bar links are even worse (they usually show up below blog comments when you look at the text version of a page). Footer links suck even more.

You used to be able to easily see proof of this when Google released regular PR updates. You could often find a site that was a PR 5 home page with a Contact Us or Privacy page link at the very top of the page above the header. That Contact and/or Privacy page would often times be a PR 5 or at least a PR 4 page based on that link, while the next pages linked to were PR 4's and 3's. The page was passing more authority to the first link encountered on the page then to the rest of the links on the page.

Links within relevant content are better than something like a sidebar link floating alone.

As far as links pointing to a page, the stronger the links pointing to a page are the stronger the links going out from that page are going to be. The more relevant those links are to the content on the page, the more relevancy the page is going to pass on.

Chandresh

1. Relevancy
Is the website or page relevant to your business style? For example, if I have a website that sells computer software, I want to get links on software related sites. It does not have to necessarily be a competitor but could be a site that reviews different software, products or covers news related to software.

2. Indexed By Google
One of the most significant factors to look at when securing a link on any specific web page is whether that page is basically indexed by Google. Common sense would tell you that if the page is not in Google’s index, they are not going to identify that it is linking to your page. In other words, the link wont count in their eyes.

3. PageRank
While Google PageRank is definitely not everything, a PR 5 is certainly better than a PR 1. And a PR 7 or better has the prospective of passing a lot of link juice to the page your linking to. That being said, I would recommend having a good mix of links from different PageRanks as it looks more organic.

ulterios

ulterios
How are people supposed to know what the PageRank of a website is? Google stopped the ability for the general public to check PR scores 4 months ago and before they cut the public off the PR scores were from December 2013 (the last public PR update) so they were out of date anyway.

There is no way for people to know what the pagerank of a website is. Only Google has this information now.

vaughn

To judge the value of a link Search engine considers a lot of metrics. The following list contains some of them:
  1. If a authorised person did a share or link, then search engine considers that link as good link.
  2. Audience reach count
  3. Bounce rate of the link landing page
  4. Page authority
  5. Domain Authority
  6. Relevancy of link and source

Claire_Anderson

The most important thing in improving the page rank is back-link building.The more number of back links you have the better your website ranking will be. If the back links are coming from high rank website than it will add points to increase your website rank. But that is if back links are do follow links. If the back links are no follow links then they will not add any points to your website ranking.

Do follow links:If you have a link in a page and in the HTML code page do follow is written then you will benefit from the other website page rank.

No follow links: They do not drive any traffic to your website except driving the users who click on your website link. Adding these links will not improve your page rank.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.