Where to learn graphic and web design?

Purres

Hello webmasters,
My question is simple, where can I learn web & graphic design? is there any online course? blogs or forums to go?
How to achieve fastest results in short time with these fields. I am pretty new to them.
Thanks in advance.

elcidofaguy

There are tons of resources online such as on Udemy, Lynda etc as well as many websites/blogs. It also depends on the type of tools you use such as graphics editor e.g. adobe photoshop, illustrator with regards to learning how to use them. Finally why not consider looking at local colleges as you may find evening course to help you get started and to meet like minded people?

tarunap

Hello webmasters,
My question is simple, where can I learn web & graphic design? is there any online course? blogs or forums to go?
How to achieve fastest results in short time with these fields. I am pretty new to them.
Thanks in advance.
Best place to learn online things is W3schools for beginners

Mike001

W3Schools teaches development no design.

If you are looking for good design classes and tools the best place to start is with a local University. They can get you going with the right tools and as already mentioned introduce you to like minded people to bounce ideas and tricks off of.

Once you have a foundation, on color, space, design, etc, then you could move into the Udemy, Lynda series of classes. You need the foundation first though as those course tend to be pretty much on your own and very little if any instructor assistance. When you are learning design, at least starting out you will want input form other people and the professor to make certain you are on the right track.

I have found that the Lynda and Udemy courses lack instructor interaction and normally do no have good exercise files with them. When you are starting out that can become extremely frustrating.

Claire_Anderson

You can learn graphics and web designing form lynda, udemy and w3school. Udemy and lynda offer free courses for beginners. You can learn to code from codeacadmy and w3school website. But if you have any questions regarding the languages or the code then you can ask them in StackOveflow website.

Have you decided which language you are going to use for developing the system functionality? Deciding the languages comes first. HTML and CSS are must for developing the websites But you can choose between JAVA, PHP or .NET.

imnathanjames

Hello mate

To learn i always try udemy. I have picked up a few great courses that teach me the basics in photshop.
Then as soon as i know the basics i kept practicing. If there was anything i needed to know specifically then i use youtube.
The advantages of using both these sites is that you can learn by watching alon.
You can also get pretty good courses on warrior plus. I recently bought a photoshop course that helped me loads.

Hope this helps.

Purres

I have found that the Lynda and Udemy courses lack instructor interaction and normally do no have good exercise files with them. When you are starting out that can become extremely frustrating.
I bought 2 web design courses at Lynda but one of them lacks of exercise files. For learning web and graphic design it's so difficult to learn if the course didn't include exercise files into them.

Hello mate

To learn i always try udemy. I have picked up a few great courses that teach me the basics in photoshop.
Then as soon as i know the basics i kept practicing. If there was anything i needed to know specifically then i use youtube.
The advantages of using both these sites is that you can learn by watching alon.
You can also get pretty good courses on warrior plus. I recently bought a photoshop course that helped me loads.

Hope this helps.
For learning photoshop I am combining both methods are ebooks and video course. I don't know which one is better but I found easier to learn from videos.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.