How different to handle the SEO task for E-Commerce than other?

hikmat_tony

Hi,

I am planning to work on E-commerce website but i do not have any experience because i have worked with other webiste till now.

Can someone suggest the way of work for E-commerce to get the excellent output

Adamski77

I would use Woo commerce on Wordpress and then Yoast SEO plugin. The principles for SEO are the same as any other site, although it's worth adding product codes in titles, and include schema mark up and reviews etc

markbatham

If you talk about seo activities there is no change but while start working on e-commerce you'll realize that this is totally different.

For ecommerce, the things is same but have to do in different manner, like unique meta tags.
Since there are number of pages available in eCommerce sites and day to day these are going to increase, so preparing unique meta tags manually is not possible, so you have to decide a format for Category, Sub-category, Brand and Product Pages, in case of category the format should easily digest the category name, same as with Sub-categories and Brand pages.
but in case of Product pages, the format should fit with the name of the products and by passing some additional parameters like SKU so that the uniqueness of meta tags should maintained.

2nd thing is to optimize category, sub-categories, brand and products pages. For this place as much content as possible. Atlease every category should be described in well manner by placement of potential keywords in it, but avoid stuffing, and contextual linking of related categories, brand pages will helps.

The most challenging things in eCommerce is canonical issue fixing. For this please read Google's guidelinks here - Indicate Paginated Content
This is the best post for fixing paginated pages canonical issues.

And also do watch and deep analysis of your competitor's that will helps you a lots.

3rd Most important things is Image optimization, images should be properly optimized, lightweighted.
4th Most important point is Website loading speed.
And so on.

See all the things are the same but in eCommerce the things will go in different manner which required lots of analysis.
better to read Google's guidelines, MOZ posts, Search Engine watch etc pages which will helps you a lots.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.