Why DA is so Impotant?

vishwa

Hello. friends,

I just wondering how DA is so much important when it does not put any influence of your site search engine rankings. DA has nothing to do with your site SEO. We all know that. But When we are trying to sell ad spaces or sponsored post on our blog/website people looking for good DA of the Blog. Do you think it makes any sense? I actually did not bother myself with DA. But when I try to sell ads on my blog people look for my DA. However My blog is performing well in Google.

Adamski77

After the big G announced they are stopping updating Google Pagerank, most SEOers seemed to have moved their focus to other important scores like Domain Authority (DA) & Page Authority (PA).

A high DA/PA score is a good indicator of the type/amount of incoming links pointing to a webpage or domain, and its ability to rank well in organic search results. But it isn't just about the volume of links coming in either, just one link from a high DA/PA site can dramatically boost yours. I don't think domain age has anything to do with these scores.

But ultimatley, who knows whether or not Google actually considers DA/PA scores in it's search ranking algorithm? I would say that it's probably our best guess currently, though.

hikmat_tony

A score is given to domain authority which presents the value of domain. As much as domain is old and having good backlink the authority goes up and up.

In the one line, you can say if you are making the backlink of good D/A sites that means that website is working from a long time on the same name.

elcidofaguy

Domain Authority (DA) is a third party metric from Moz and as such I would take it with a "pinch of salt" - given that it is easily manipulated and with that a growing market of dodgy links/sites in the same way fake PageRank (PR) was exploited. My recommendation is for due diligence with checking a site with regards to the type of links, content, history etc and standing within the SERPs...

In your case with regards to selling ads - why not focus on demonstrating the level of traffic? With that said if your traffic is low then it will correlate with a low DA... If you are looking to increase it then do it with procuring quality links.

vishwa

Hello Friends thank you all for your answers. I really appreciate it. But I am in little bit of confusion here with my domain authority. My blog which you can see in my signature has a DA of 18. From past few months My DA fluctuates from 18 t0 19 and does not increases. Where My PA and MOZ rank remains intact. My PA is 33 and MOZ rank is 4.71. Can anybody suggest me where I am doing wrong? or Why my DA stuck between these numbers? Any ideas or suggestion is highly appreciable.

kathyclark_sams

Domain Authority is Moz’s calculated metric for how well a given domain is likely to rank in Google’s search results. It’s best to use Page Authority (PA) and Domain Authority (DA) as comparative metrics when doing research in the search results and determining which sites/pages may have more powerful/important link profiles than others.

hrishivardhan

DA is count as the most genuine criteria for mapping the authority of the site since google had shutdown their algorithm of the page rank. So now we have only one trusted matrix for site authority and that's the DA. that's the reason why DA is so important for the SEO.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.