Can we change domain services provider?

jessicacyrus1

yes..it is..but I think we can't do it.. what is your answer?

webdesign

webdesign
What is your domain registrar that you are using to host your domain names?

It depends on them, they can have functions allowing you to transfer your domains to another domains, the process can take some days to finish.

jessicacyrus1

Its GoDaddy..

Steve32

Steve32
If it was Godaddy, you can read this guide [URLnf="https://www.godaddy.com/help/transferring-domain-names-to-another-registrar-3560"]here[/URLnf]

I think Godaddy is a good domain registrar, just curious why you want to transfer to others?

imnathanjames

That's a fair enough point. I always make sure there are no upsells included in the renewal. Godaddy can be a little sneaky sometimes.
Also you should just be able to change the registrar, But, i have a ten year old domain that Godaddy will not let me move anywhere else.
I have tried numerous times over the years to contact and ask why etc but no real answer is ever given.

ulterios

ulterios
If GoDaddy told you that then they are lying. After the registrar lock is up after registering, transferring in or certain whois changes you can transfer to another registrar. There are certain cases where this can happen but this won't be one of those cases, I assure you. Are you doing the transfer properly? Unlock the domain, request transfer code through the CP, then start the transfer at the new registrar.

If it is GoDaddy that is telling you this then you can file an ICANN complaint to have the domain transferred.

Are you sure it's GoDaddy and not the new registrar that is saying that? I have been with GoDaddy since they started as one of my registrars and have moved thousands of domains in and out and have never dealt with this, nor have I heard of this by anyone in the domain community.

I would try again and if THEY won't let you transfer then contact ICANN with a complaint and that will get the wheels going.

Good Luck. ;)

mellisas

I want to change my domain services provider for a domain. can we change it?
Yes, you can change domain name registrar anytime, simply contact your existing domain name registrar and ask them to provide you "Auth Code" , so that you can share "Auth Code" to your new domain name registrar company, so that they can initiate the domain transfer process.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies