why google plus?

mrprinson

what is the main different between google plus and the rest of the social networks?
why google plus ? is there something special im missing ?

thanks in advance

Jack London

what is the main different between google plus and the rest of the social networks?

thanks in advance
Some people said your web pages will be indexed and crawled faster if you submit them into Google plus.
Also, Google plus helps to increasing traffic to your sites if you share your URL on it, it helps more. It is a social network hence it doesn't any specials things if compared to other social networks, you should use it with other social networks to have the most traffic to your site.

Ron Killian

From what I've heard Google+ does NOT help your ranks in Google.

But... G+ is more business oriented, less more of if, geared more to business I guess you can say.

Can't say it brings in big traffic, but I don't use it as much as I should, so might be my lack or working it.

One draw back though, they do not have a API, so you can't automate, not like you can with say Twitter. Least not that I've seen.

vishwa

Google+ is help you to drive traffic to your website/blog. However other social networks works very well if you use them wisely. Google+ have focus on more business oriented people. I personally use Google+ along with other social networks and it works great.

TCoder

From what I've heard Google+ does NOT help your ranks in Google.
I heard the opposite.

https://moz.com/blog/google-plus-correlations
http://trackmaven.com/blog/2014/12/the-link-between-google-plus-and-seo-demystified/
https://moz.com/blog/using-google-plus-to-appear-in-the-top-results-every-time-whiteboard-friday

Read the "Update" section in the first link.

It is not the +1's themselves that are causing the high rankings of posts but the fact that most +1's on a site result in a shared post on Google+, which creates a followed link back to the post. It's instant organic link building.
Then later, I read that is was confirmed this was the case by a google spokesperson.

Ron Killian

The main difference between Google Plus and social networks like Facebook and Twitter is that almost nobody uses Google Plus. :)
Just dumb Internet Marketers :)

Well, there you go. Thanks for the links. :)

ericplotz1

Um contrary of what everyone else is saying, Google+ local business pages are essential for ranking in Google maps. Thats why its important. If youre not optimizing locally its almost useless. It may drive a little traffic if people have you in their circles.

EpicGlobalWeb

I would imagine G+ ranks faster than other services do for the sole reason that it is a Google product.

One issue I notice with G+ is, like Pub said, nobody really uses it. Although I would add that few people actively use it as their main traffic source within my own personal circle of people. But as Eric said, that is how you quantify your Google Maps listing.

Divyesh Padmani

thanks in advance
Google+ is more likely as facebook ,twitter. Its collaboration of all of the social media like linkedIn,facebook,twitter..
For Bussiness point of view it provide awesome feature that is video chat and one of my favorite feature is Sparks where you can easily find the information.

RenaeFab

Well, Once you enter the Google+world you will encounter a great deal of resources in one single place: Communities, Hangouts, YouTube, Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps and many others. And each of these was created to benefit and optimise your marketing strategy and take your brand even further.

Website Design Ltd

Finding a long term benefit to using G+ can be hard. I would say that it's great to have as either digital agency or an internet marketer in an effort to gauge how others are using it to their aid, as well as posting your own business information, updates or other relevant info. On the flipside of that, it's fairly inconsequential if you choose to avoid it. Different strokes for different folks etc.

behappie

I chose Google+ because of the potentials it has in helping to generate relevant volume of traffic.Google Plus, which has recently grown hugely with over 250 million dedicated users.
Google plus overtook LinkedIn in 2014 in terms of referral traffic. It recently revamped itself to give competition to Pinterest. Google Plus has always been a favorite to marketers and influencers apart from the common people.
I have been using Google Plus all this time, and I must say marketing your blog on this platform definitely boosts traffic. In past one year, I got almost 9K traffic alone from Google Plus and now it is my second referrer of traffic after Facebook.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads