Does Anyone Use Shopify?

tipsfromlori

Shopify is a great ecommerce platform with a lot of great resources.

Does Anyone Use Shopify?

Last edited:

imnathanjames

I personally do not. But i will be.

At the moment i use woocommerce a wordpress plugin. It does exactly what i need without the extra expenses.

I will how ever be setting up a t-shirt site with a friend in the new future so have been heavily looking in to shopify.
It seems the most popular platform at the moment and for the extra expense it does take away a lot of the headaches and technical difficulties, meaning you can concentrate more on driving traffic.

Hope this helps

crzyoverlord

No, I don't use Shopify. I thought about it but it's too expensive. I use Zen Cart with a regular hosting such as Host Gator. I save a lot of money.

gopackers

I tried shopify free trail. I think it is too expensive and does not have many options. It is easy for someone new to eCommerce to set up a website. But for a long run, I prefer wordpress.

Natasha_Williams

I know that a great amount of people use Shopify. I prefer Magento. At first I was afraid that it might be too complicated and difficulut, but then I found a service that provides hosting, free website themes and what was significant for me - automatic website theme installation. I did not have to set up anything, basically I went to the admin panel added categories and products. It is really simple.

Magento is really flexible there are a lot of modules that can be installed and all of them have descriptions and definitions. I am safisfied with Magento and my hosting provider or website builder, it is up to you to decide what it is :)

Ebris

Thanks for asking this question. Learned by reading the answers. I wanted to look into setting up a store on Shopify but my research results stop me from going ahead. It seems difficult for a newbee and quite a few people find it too expensive! Probably look into other platforms. Good luck everybody in your endeavours!

Hazel Styles

NOT me but couple of my friends are using it. It definitely is a great eCommerce platform with many resources. But the only issue is that you will have to invest a better chunk of your money to use those resources and features.
Once you make your store, it like paying for entering your own store every time.
As the feedback of my friends suggest that if you are new and you want to save your budget for other several purposes, its better to use completely free platforms. It not only provides you free eCommerce features but also free mcommerce i.e. your personalized mobile app. otherwise if you want to go for the top eCommerce platforms and do not want to get into trouble of having some developer to consult with each time you want changes, go for Woo commerce. It has WordPress tool which is user friendly and manageable for anyone,

Jen

I don't use Shopify right now but I have been looking into maybe using it. I just want to check out other similar services before I go ahead with it.

Sam

Shopify is a great e-commerce platform for WordPress. The developers are really consistent in the development and upgrading it. I have tried it on my localhost server to try all features of Shopify. But for real online selling, maybe later.

Trinhmedia

i have a small shop with Shopify
most of my e-com clients all use Shopify

it doesn't mean i recommend shopify to everyone.

if you just started and want to test the water on e-commercial, i suggest you start with wordpress or other cheaper option but if you want to build a store that will go for at least few years then Shopify is the best.

ROIND

Well I am big fanboy of open source that's why I use woocommerce on WP but I have used Shopify for 1 month and to be honest I really loved it

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.