Do-Follow and No-Follow

markbatham

Dear Members,

I know about Do-follow and No-Follow but there is a question which is If we build No-follow backlinks will it helps to rank my website with keywords i used to hyperlink at the time of backlink building.

If it don't help then why still number of sites (Ezinearticles, Articlebase and other content marketing websites) are still popular. As these sites offers No-Follow links.

IF yes, then how much it impacts on search engine rank compared to Do-Follow links?

Thanks in advance.

webdesign

I would suggest you use search function on the forum to find answers for your question, there are more questions like this.

For example you can find in this thread https://www.webmastersun.com/threads/12294-Does-Facebook-help-SEO more arguments about Do-Follow and No-Follow
Dear Members,

I know about Do-follow and No-Follow but there is a question which is If we build No-follow backlinks will it helps to rank my website with keywords i used to hyperlink at the time of backlink building.
It helps but to get your keywords higher on search engines' results, you need very more no-follow backlinks. In my personal opinion, 1 dofollow backlink is valuable equal 30 or 50 no-follow backlinks on a same quality site.

If it don't help then why still number of sites (Ezinearticles, Articlebase and other content marketing websites) are still popular. As these sites offers No-Follow links.

IF yes, then how much it impacts on search engine rank compared to Do-Follow links?

Thanks in advance.
More people came these sites because they are still thinking they are helpful for SEO but its big NO, it just helps these sites popular while their sites get back very less profits for SEO. Some came for the purpose to drive a little traffic to their sites via article submissions..

markbatham

Thanks "Webdesign" for the explanation but I'm still confuse as my friend have done link building through blog commenting on Blogger posts on couple of keywords earlier, and his site is ranking on top, earlier it was on 1st page of google search result but now its move on 2nd page.
So what do you say about it. I've analyzed his backlinks using ahref tools, thats shows 98% links from blogger which gives no-follow links on comment. and rest 2% was from other sites articles posting on High DA No-Follow sites.

So what is wrong in this case? Do i missing something?

No follow link can bring traffic to your website
Not a big deal, I've checked my friend's website GA, none of no-follow links refers traffic on his site.

Ignore the answer above. It is nonsense.

Nofollow links do not improve your rankings.

The reason that sites like Ezine Articles are still popular at all is because most internet marketers are dumb.
Lol, most are you building only Do-Follows links for your client's projects? How much such effective resources are available available? If you have list please help to those Dumbs. :p

Last edited:

Latlon Technologie

@markbatham, no follow links are not consider by the google crawlers but it help to improve your traffic. Having do follow links are more helpful for ranking as it was indexed by the google crawlers. You may be moved to second place as the visitors count may reduced or your social activities may be reduced as before, or you might have not used fresh content as your competitors do.

janejury

I think if your post has good quality, you still get visit from guest and it is more effective get backlink without visiting. Certainly, it may takes time to write good article, however, everyone will appreciate your work and your site.

kevinarndale

no follow links are important because SEO is not only about backlinks but also requires visitors and ultimate conversions

sanjay7

Nofollow backlinks can bring only traffic to your websites, that's it. Only Dofollow backlinks can improve your ranking because Google can actually see the website behind linked text.

hynds

Dear Members,

Thanks in advance.
I think this is related to "Link juice" definition:

Link juice is a colloquial term in the SEO world that refers to the power or equity passed to a site via links from external or internal sources. This power is interpreted as a vote of recommendation toward your site and is one of the most important factors in determining your site's search ranking (and PageRank).

And the reason is simple that: Dofollow links will pass all the link juice to the website while Nofollow don't do that.

Hope this helps.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies