Which is better: VPS or Cloud Hosting?

paulgl

A few days ago I contacted a VPS provider who offered me a VPS package for my site. It has good features and pricing. Of course I said yes but when I see around his site, I found cloud hosting offers, it has a bit more expensive than VPS packages but made me attracted by features as 100% uptime, better RAM but I am not sure it is better than VPS packages. My question to you guys is: should I run a few sites on the VPS or Cloud hosting, which one is better for a website?

Localnode

Depends on which "cloud" provider. Some hosts claiming cloud are simply offering VPS with the option for hourly billing.
I'd suggest VPS - just due to the fact I find VPS and dedicated servers more reliable than cloud. Unless of course your cloud provider is Amazon or something along the lines of that.

radwebhosting

Cloud Servers SHOULD be better than VPS servers. Unfortunately, many times, a cloud server is a vps server, which causes market confusion and causes distrust among consumers. Generally speaking, a vps server will be a vps server, so you know what you are actually paying for. It is easy to verify that the service and resources promised are actually what is being provided with VPS. For best results, stick to KVM or Xen-based virtualization. These hypervisors will prevent overselling that can be found in some OpenVZ virtualization environments.

Keep us updated on your experience.

HostColor

@paulgl Ask what kind of Cloud software platform the web host has in place and what kind of infrastructure dos it use. If you can get High Availability or any ind of failover scenario, then it makes sense to be hosted on a Cloud. If the cloud hosting is only about resource scale up or about per day/ per hour billing, do not get caught.

SenseiSteve

The way cloud is marketed by some providers is misleading. Like HostColor suggested, simply ask your prospective web hosting provider about the infrastructure they employ. The advantage to cloud is that it's very scale-able, so if your firm has seasonal sales, that may be the way to go. I generally recommend VPS services if not though.

ElixantTechnology

It depends on what you are using the service for, as well as what the service provider is offering as a Cloud service. The true definition of Cloud Computing:

Cloud computing is a kind of Internet-based computing that provides shared processing resources and data to computers and other devices on demand

This can really be taken different ways, as all hosting in theory is "Cloud Hosting"; and due to marketing techniques the term Cloud is thrown around a lot. A true "Cloud" host is going to fetch you a pretty penny, under most circumstances, in comparison to other available options.

Yashika

Cloud hosting is not secured. VPS has many Security constraints. you can secure VPS using many Software or tools.

serverwala

VPS server hosting is more secure campare to cloud server hosting.

braxtoncina

Cloud Servers and VPS servers. Unfortunately, many times, a cloud server is a VPS server, which means its depend on your requirement which service is suitable for your business

TheFBArFiling

Hello!
In regards to choosing between cloud servers and virtual private machines (VPS), which will be greatest? In summary, the key difference between virtual private servers and cloud machines is scale.

VPS has always been thought to be truly one of the ways where businesses can decrease IT costs and increase operational efficiency. By separating applications and programs within one digital host that’s put aside exclusively for you, VPS supplies elevated quantities of privacy, safety and handle. But while VPS provides financial savings on equipment and provides the versatility to run multiple operating systems or models of applications on servers that are personal at precisely the same moment, it does not scale nicely.

Joyful working :)

Miranda

VPS is better compared to Cloud hosting because VPS is more secured and not prone to attack like the cloud hosting.

Whattheserver

A few days ago I contacted a VPS provider who offered me a VPS package for my site. It has good features and pricing. Of course I said yes but when I see around his site, I found cloud hosting offers, it has a bit more expensive than VPS packages but made me attracted by features as 100% uptime, better RAM but I am not sure it is better than VPS packages. My question to you guys is: should I run a few sites on the VPS or Cloud hosting, which one is better for a website?
Prefer cloud hosting as you can scale it anytime you want without any waiting time.

Leasedlayer

I suggest you to choose VPS.As VPS is more secured and reliable compared to cloud hosting.Also VPS is easily scalable.

vps9

i would suggest you to go with Cloud vps, yes it is bit expensive but it is more secure with superuser-level access and if anything goes wrong your database will be transfer to another cloud safely

georgeuser

I've been with cloud hosting on Hostgator before, and to be honest, the performance was worse than their regular hosting package. The term is confusing, at least to me.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads