What is your view on buying email lists for affliliate marketing?

Nelmsc

I was told that you get better sign ups if you use email marketing to promote affiliate offers.
I was interesting in looking for email lists to buy to promote an affiliate marketing offer, but when I do a Google search to find email lists to buy, the advice is not to buy email lists. Is that true? Is it a bad approach to buy email lists?

Ron Killian

Unless you REALLY know the person or company and how they built the list it's probably going to be a big gamble. Sadly most are junk or your going to get spam complaints. Of course only testing will tell.

Really impossible to give a yes or no answer, depends on where you buy the lists. No one will tell you for sure.

Don't see how email is better sign ups.

Probably what's meant is that when you build lists you can communicate with them over and over until they unsubscribe. Compared to them visiting a website only once.

Course if you just plan to only promote in your emails, your not likely to have good results. Few people want to only be sold to.

Nelmsc

Thanks Ron, do you mind if I ask you what would be a better route than buying an email list to promote affiliate products? The usual advice is to build an email list. "The money is in the list." I am driving traffic to a landing page to build a list, but is there a certain way to drive traffic to a landing page or site that is best when you are trying to build your own list?

Ron Killian

Well, buying traffic "can" be a much quicker way to build a list. But it depends on where you buy the traffic. Much of it is pure crap and you are throwing your money out the window. Usually a sign is if the traffic is too cheap. Too good to true, it often is.

But if you track your traffic, you can tell if a source is good or not.

Now, you could buy it from reliable sources such as facebook. Some people say they do well with twitter. I don't buy traffic so I can't tell you exactly where to get good hits. But FB would be a good place to start. Also depends on what your niche is.

Another thing that is even more important, you need to have your landing page in test mode, tracking conversions, you need to keep improving it. If your buying traffic and your landing page has terrible conversions, you going to be paying alot more for every subscriber because it will take more traffic to get a subscriber.

As far as the money is in the list. That is "some what" true. But, you need to treat them right, you need to build trust, get them to like you, build some kind of relationship, ect. There is more to it than just having a list. Plenty of people who have lists but make no money from them.

Besides paid traffic, you could blog, post to social media, or search engine optimization. Those will take more time.

And for driving traffic, the best way is to generate targeted traffic that is as targeted as possible. Finding people who want what your selling.

Just my two cents.

Nelmsc

Thanks for the advice from you both. I really appreciate it. There is so much advice about the best way to do especially in the internet market arena, but I appreciate the advice to buy traffic. I think I'll take that route. Thanks

imnathanjames

Ron is right, Buy traffic form reputable sources.
Do not buy lists. People subscribe to you because of something you have they like, could be a quality you have or just a bloody good free gift.
If you buy a list then these people are not going to know who you are and the unsub rate will be very high.
Buy traffic or solo ads and this should help build your own responsive list.

Hope this helps, Good luck

Miguelito203

Personally, I'm not a fan. Actually, I can't stand it, and it makes me feel some type of way. E-mail marketing isn't just about having a big list. It's about building a relationship with your followers. Build your own list. Besides the fact I find it unethical, you also have to consider the fact that the only reason marketers are selling lists or whatever is because they aren't very responsive, anymore.

Joey

Nelmsc

I took your advice and bought a solo ad. I'm starting out slow to see what works. Thanks for your help.

Zack

I have been thinking about buying some email lists for a niche that I want to market in and all the information that I have gathered has said that most bought email lists are junk unless you get them from a reputable seller of quality email lists.

I just don't know how to figure out which are reputable sellers of quality email lists.

vishwa

Email lists are really a great way to increase sales in affiliate marketing. I actually haven't bought any email list. But I have start collecting emails from my blog. I think that if you have a blog than you can start collecting emails. You can start with Aweber or Mailchimp. BTW let us know about your progress.

ChristRodriguez

well you should buid your own list, i think since its your own list you'll know better about your customers and build relationship with them easily

Amy Richardson

I also think that you should try to build your own list, but as we know it's very hard and time-consuming. So I think that for the beginning it's ok to buy some lists.

chongjasmine

Email list is not a great way to advertise products.
There are other better alternatives.

Elisabeth Kuhn

Email lists are the best way. The key is that you need to
build a relationship with the people on the list and provide
them with plenty of value.

Also, when you send them to offers, make sure they are
excellent offers that you can recommend highly with a
good conscience!

If at all possible, check out the product yourself, then
write a review about it, and tell the people on your list
what you found etc.

Binom

Email marketing is a powerful channel of promotion. But nowadays it's a bit rocket science. Especially if you are going to make spam. At first, you need to learn how not to get in spam folder, using right words and titles. You need to force the recipients to subscribe to your list at first. So you need to provide real value for them. Second stage will be setting up of mail server. Only tech guy could do this. So you need to invest some time and money at first.

Stay away from buying email lists, highly likely they will be a waste of your money.
Instead start building your own via your website, blog, social media channels it'll take time but worthwhile.

Good Luck!

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views