Is directory submissions still working?

markbatham

I wanted to know that is submitting your website on directories sites still working?

Last edited:

Alex Thompson

markbatham

Thanks Alex for your comment, actually this was the case of of 2015, now its 2016, and you also know that Google make number of changes per year so may be the old scenario gone changed.

For me its still worth to have back links on directories but with the condition is they must be quality directories. You should choose paid ones to have better quality.

Hope that helps!
Yeah i agree that the quality backlinks is always work but in case of directories, it is different. If you have realized that if you submit your site on Directories sites, after approval have you checked Google Console links to your site?

If you see you would realized that you have submitted only one url on that directory but there would be more that one backlink coming from that particular directory.

In this case it will not look as spamming links?

Goliathstwin

Goliathstwin
If it came from a quality directory then more than a link from that directory just benefit for your site, no worries on that.

For example when I have 300 links in 300 posts from signature on a quality forum but in my Google Console links to your site its showing 700 links from that site, I don't know how Google calculated that but its beneift for my keyword ranking. I tried to move the signature then my keyword rankings decreased.

Its reason why I said you don't need to worry about number of links on a quality site.

empresa87

I think it depends on the forum or directory. Sometimes the information is repeated on other pages and counts as one more link. This does not happen in all of them.

markbatham

If they were not good in 2015, why would 2016 be any different? Yes things change, but not like they allow stuff that didn't work, back in :)
Thanks RON, yeah may this true, as I've to analyze it practically.

If it came from a quality directory then more than a link from that directory just benefit for your site, no worries on that.

For example when I have 300 links in 300 posts from signature on a quality forum but in my Google Console links to your site its showing 700 links from that site, I don't know how Google calculated that but its beneift for my keyword ranking. I tried to move the signature then my keyword rankings decreased.

Its reason why I said you don't need to worry about number of links on a quality site.
Thanks Stwin, great answer. Actually doing some practical analysis will be great, I've to try it, what do you say?

Nadira Saikh

Yes still working if you do proper submission with unique keywords and high authority site

sree

Only approved directory submission work for long time and depends on your website content

Salmonjames

By directories if you mean something crap then I would say it's no more than wasting time and efforts. However, when it comes to authoritative sites then surely directories have importance in a way that it can bring traffic to your site and this traffic eventually results in generating some leads.
So directories are important but having niche relevant directories. For example if you have website of leather jackets and you are submitting it in the directories of science then it's better to play some video games rather than spending that time. :)

shrinkme

Directories probably do not work as well as the Yahoo directory did back in the good ole days. You still get a backlink though. It seems to be a little difficult finding regular directories any more, perhaps that is just me.

Whattheserver

I think directory submission is a dead part of SEO, still, so many people are doing directory submission.
google can change algorithms,

I Think the better choice is
1) Guest posting
2) Link sharing on Social media
3) Broken link finding
4) we can say people for mention our link on his blogs and articles( relevant blogs)

linconcley

In 2018 directory submission is an old method, but this method was really helpful to create backlinks. Maybe paid version of it can be work. On these days guest posting, web2.0, bookmarking is works great.

pijushbanarjee

Yes still working but keep in mind before directory submission the site's DA PA should be a high authority and spam free

fastreplies

I wanted to know that is submitting your website on directories sites still working?
Why it wouldn't work?
Just because some people who have nothing better to do but to blabber
about thing they don't really understand in posts they are making just to
post counting doesn't mean something is broken.

Myth about directories started when there was 20,000 dead on arrival
directories would start and die every month and when submitting would be
waste of time, than granted, buy bother but now directories in many cases
are source of link, something no one should ignore.

:)

fastreplies

paritosh

HI,

In 2018, Directory submission is like a dead part for SEO. It's totally a time wasting technique, I think content sharing through social media will give you a better result more than directory submission.

markbatham

Yes, it is! And content sharing on Social Media? on which media? Have you analyse such links which you are sharing on Social media, how much gain you have seen on your ranking?

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads