How to SEO for long tail keywords?

miken

I am not sure if that title makes a lot of sense but I was recommended by more people to do SEO for long tail keywords instead of using high competitive keywords

I thought long tail keywords can help my site rank faster on search engine results and easy to do SEO. I found a good tool, it was Google keyword planner which allows me to do some keyword researches there. It's right place to check long tail keywords? and when I chose some, how to start doing SEO on my blog?

I am also to ask onh ow do you optimize my page for SEO when your long tail keyword is well, just too long?

AlexBrown101

Views On the Use Of LongTail Keywords

Well only keyword ranking is not good. As you can see we can choose a keyword that is hardly searched that won't likely have any competition, but what's the benefit of your ranking when no one searches for that keyword. That is why people don't use too long keywords.
But if you are still willing to use long tail keywords then you should know that the process is the same, i.e, social bookmarking, blogging, article submission classified ads, forum marketing etc. Just put the long tail keyword where you usually put the normal keywords. Since there is low competition there will be obviously be quicker results in ranking and the people who visit your website will more likely buy your services as your targeted audience will be more specific. That said I would say too much long tail keywords is not a good practice for SEO.

Reactions: miken

Harry P

Harry P
I have to agree with @AlexBrown101, there is no difference between ranking a normal keyword with a longTail keyword.

Using same SEO techniques when you did it for normal keyword and applying for long tail keyword, even you can get faster results with normal keywords because long tail keywords are less competitive.

jitendrasurve

First you need to understand what is long tail keyword: For example if you type: internet marketing forum in google. You will get to see webmastersun on the first page of google.

Internet marketing forum is a longtail keyword. Short keywords can be internet, marketing and forum. So you need to research on keyword and create long tail keywords. For example: top 10 internet marketing forums can be longtail keywords as well.

Miguelito203

Yeah, the free Google keyword planner tool is what I have always used as well -- since the info. in directly from Google. I don't see the point is using a paid tool. When it comes to using long-tail keywords, you can think of it as a way to get your foot in the door for a competitive keyword. The way search engines work is kind of like this. If your site gets ranked (and gets traffic) for longer-tail keywords, it stands to reason that your site will eventually start to get traffic for more competitive, targeted keywords -- since they are related. Depending on what your promoting, you can use the idea of long-tail keywords by adding something like the current year on the end of it -- especially if something you're promoting is part of series or something.

Joey

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.