Is Google Plus a dying social network?

Goliathstwin

Ok let's chat about Google plus! I have used Google Plus in years and it is really an essential social network to drive traffic to my site. The reason is that it is Google so sharing your content can help with ranking your website. That makes sense to me so when I publish new content on my websites I always share it on Google Plus.

However other than that I have found Google Plus to be quite boring to be honest and hard to connect people in same my niches. I just get the feel that there is not much happening there and no more traffic to my websites from Google+ like before.

What are your thoughts?

SEOPub

Google+ is all but worthless. It is a wasteland. Google already tore apart the staff devoted to Google+ and either fired or reassigned them to other departments.

I still remember the idiot IM'ers out there trying to tell people when it launched it was going to be a Facebook killer. Lol. I feel bad for the people that fell for that crap and devoted serious time to Google+.

Rob Whisonant

I use it to get new article noticed by Google. That's all. I never go to Google+ to read posts by others. Actually never have. Facebook was not broke so I had no need for a new social network. Plus, everyone I wanted to keep in contact with was on Facebook already.

SEOPub

SEOPub
This is exactly what I said about it when it launched. Google did not give people a reason to leave Facebook. Hangouts is a cool feature, but other than that it was basically a Facebook clone.

Would Facebook have ever taken off if it was just MySpace 2.0?

I think one could argue that a lot of things about Google+ are actually better than Facebook, but it is just too similar.

The other problem they had was they did a horrible job of attracting women. When it comes to social things, men will go where the women are. There was a report a few years ago that something like 78% of the Google+ user base was male.

Try opening a bar that is a sausage fest and see how long you are in business.

imnathanjames

I never bought into it.In fact i despised it.
It offered nothing new or interesting to set them apart in the social media field.

I'm probably wrong here but the way i see it is that buying youtube and making people have a google account for signup, then automatically adding them to google+.Seemed like a way to build up numbers but not a loyal following.
Like i said i am probably wrong.
If this was the case then they're figures are completely out.
You may have x amount of people on google+ but how many actually use it.....it's crap.

You see things come and go, don't chase them. Periscope, Google+ they are fads,

Pick 2-3 social media accounts, stick to it and dominate.

I probably haven't explained myself well here. Bit of a rant on this stupid thing.
but, as a business Google tried and failed and they will probably kill it off soon.
after so many "BIG NAMES" told me i was a fool for not utilizing my google+ account

Rant over

Thanks

crzyoverlord

I still use Google+ for posting my articles. I don't think it's dying but there are other methods to driving traffic to my website. I think Facebook and Twitter works.

SenseiSteve

Realistically, Google+ has gone off of the radar, however I did read that redirects to Google+ are on the rise. I still post there daily, but my main focus is Twitter right now.

24techsupport

I think yes because people are mostly use for seo purpose or getting social signals only and sometime for hangout. Google + is not create any huge buzz.So thats why i think it will be shutdown soon.

KleponPink

Posting on G+ actually keeps my site visible on search engine result pages. It might not have many fans, but I just use it as a part of SEO. I used to do some raffles, such as follow and get free something. It works.

smsmbooster

I thought that Google+ will replace facebook couple years ago because I found some new things from them, also the speed, they are must faster than facebook.

But now, I am totally wrong, facebook is more stronger. Google+ still not die, but no one want to use it :(

FreebieBoy34

In a way, yes it can be considered as a dying social network simply because they don't offer cool and useful features as compared to FB, IG, and other popular social media network. Aside from that, Google's efforts in promoting this network is not that evident. In fact, only a select few of the people in my country are using Google + due to the lack of exposure from other potential users...:)

Dewlance

WMS Marketplace Seller
Other social media is keep developing their platform while I did not see any big changes in google+

In FB you can see they have added lots of option in "Like" and also added many features so yes, Google+ will be closed like Orkut ;)

Website Design Ltd

We see it as worth having, but entirely unessential to update. It's good as a platform to get Google update information and to post business contact information, but overall it's fairly inconsequential.

chiru77

I get traffic from Facebook & twitter. People loves to use Facebook more than Google+. Google has to add more feature otherwise this social website will dying for sure. You will get rank for very low competitive keywords through Shares on social media website

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views