New in SEO?

sachin00

hello guys

I am completely begineer in seo world
I want to learn so where should I start?

Any suggestions..

Alex Thompson

You came right place https://www.webmastersun.com/forums/10-Search-Engine-Optimization to learn SEO and it is where you should start posting specific questions so everyone can help you out.

SEO has around 200 factors and it needs time and patience to do. Now let's know which is the best thing you are caring to learn to improve your site SEO.

- Keyword Research
- On-page SEO
- Off-Page SEO

or your thoughts?

coolsitesv

I must consider going with MOZ and Quicksprout to learn the basic SEO. For a noob, I always say go with MOZ Beginners guide, it has tons of knowledgeable contents.

vps9

- Best Web page design
- unique content
- work on Meta tags
- Do keyword analysis and use unique keywords while writing content.

and more are basic SEO practices.

sweetsdailyupdates

Yes if you are beginner so you can take ideas from MOZ Beginners guide. And you can start with On-page activity and off-page activity.

On-page:

Title & Description
Content optimization

Off-page activity:

By off-page activity, you can get backlinks.
Blog posting,
Guest posting,
Directory submission,
Local business listing,
Social circulation
So both the activities are important.

markbatham

To learn about seo better to have Good SEO Book which is a PDF, there Google have given great learning materials. Read this book carefully and start working on optimization. After this if you are facing any problem, post your problem on forum sites, you'll get great help by number of experts available there.

imnathanjames

Read as much as you can, SEO is a massive field to get into.
But i think it's important to learn and cover the basics.
moz.com do a great job of teaching.
I learned most of it there.
Then i picked up a couple of course on udemy and lynda that helped out a lot.

vaughn

To learn SEO, you must start gaining the knowledge in Digital Marketing practices as follows:
  • Digital Marketing
  • Purpose of digital Marketing
  • Advantages and Disadvantages of Digital Marketing
  • Techniques of Digital Marketing - SEO, SEM, SMM, Affiliate Marketing, Email Marketing, DFA, DFD etc
Once you are done with Digital Marketing, Now its the time to move on to the SEO techniques.
Consider the following order for easy understanding:
  • Search Engine Optimization
  • Types in SEO - On page SEO, Off- page SEO
  • What is On page SEO
  • On page SEO factors
  • Off page SEO
  • Off page SEO factors
  • 2 techniques of SEO - White Hat SEO, Black Hat SEO
Along with learning, practice the above techniques to become proficient in SEO.

Claire_Anderson

Hi,

You can start learning the basics from udemy. It provides the best beginners course for seo and they have free video tutorials.

Since you are new to seo why don't you start from link building, forum and blogs commenting because it plays an important role in increasing the traffic of a website.

Website Design Ltd

SEO is a mythical beast. It should be feared, but adventured after, with an army of knowledge on your side.
Be aware, it's not something that can be 'conquered' either, you have to work at it constantly.
Like a good relationship, you have to adapt on the fly, as Google like to change the goalposts on a regular basis.

My advice would be to build your knowledge base as much as possible before working on anything too hefty. Learn what helps & what hinders. Use the basic tools on here, as well as other forums and in good ol' fashioned books. You're at the beginning of a beautiful journey, my friend.

ajaykumar

in my opinion , you should take professoinal coaching of seo , like on page and off pae seo . white hat , black hat and grey hat seo . you can also see google latest updates on search engine land . see you tube tutorial about keyword research , competitors analysis , schema markup etc. in on page seo and social bookmarking , business listing , web 2.0 , article submission, press relese , link wheel etc. in off page.

denisehilton

Reactions: olaryeankarh

olaryeankarh

olaryeankarh
I must commend you for taking the time to share this page. I had a friend who secured a day-job with one digital marketing certificate from Google. I checked your link and turns out it's the same. This is great for anyone who wants to learn digital marketing, Adwords and SEO at large!

centurion

hello guys

I am completely begineer in seo world
I want to learn so where should I start?

Any suggestions..
Go to youtube and Goggle. Just type freelancing tutorial: SEO. You will get thousands of tutorials to learn. There is no charge to learn from youtube. Its totally free. You will learn white hat SEO- On page and off page optimization.

Thanks
Centurion

SEOPub

Despite what others are saying in this thread, YouTube is one of the absolute worst places to learn SEO. It's full of nonsense. and idiots telling you things like you need to create great content and you must write 1500+ words on a page to rank well. YouTube is full of people who have never ranked a page for anything the least bit competitive.

This book is a few years old now, but it will give you a pretty good understanding of onpage SEO.

https://www.amazon.com/Search-Engin...42&sr=8-1&keywords=seo+secrets+by+danny+dover

It's one of the only SEO books I have ever read that contained some decent information.

The most important thing for ranking a page is building and/or acquiring high quality, relevant links. If you focus on that and nothing else, you'll already be better at SEO than 95% of the internet marketers out there.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.