How many followers should I follow a day on Twitter?

hoangvu

I got problems when following too many accounts on Twitter a day, they suspended my account and I had to contact to reopen my account again. Also I didn't have good followings back when following too much. Does any one have any experience with Twitter marketing, please share your tips on how many followers should I follow a day on Twitter and how to follow peoples to get more followers back?

Thanks in advance!
Edward.

crzyoverlord

I hope I'm right. If your Twitter account is new, Twitter only allows you to follow around 50 people. If your account is two weeks old, you can follow up to 100 followers a week. If it's a year old, I think it's up to 1000 followers a week and so on. Twitter puts a lock on your account if you exceed the limited amount of followers.

ulterios

It's as high as 1000 but there are other limitations they have in place.

Here is the information from Twitter directly: https://support.twitter.com/articles/66885

Personally I try to never go above 200 but usually not more than 50 or so just so you don't go looking like a follower whore! ;)

PersKing

Hi Edward,
Im following everyday at my twitter account more than 500 peoples, and they also following me back.
For so much follows you must have very old twitter account.
Have a good luck.

EpicGlobalWeb

I got problems when following too many accounts on Twitter a day, they suspended my account and I had to contact to reopen my account again. Also I didn't have good followings back when following too much. Does any one have any experience with Twitter marketing, please share your tips on how many followers should I follow a day on Twitter and how to follow peoples to get more followers back?

Thanks in advance!
Edward.
That wasnt going to help you much anyway. Your posts will cycle through an algorithm and display based on your words. People will follow you on Twittwr if you can keep their attention for longer than 1 second. Following to get follows back simply wont help you. It'll be temporary at best.

You need to tweet once or twice an hour, every hour.

kathyclark_sams

I am good at it, so I think I can answer you.

Always remember slow and steady wins the race. Twitter marketing needs such patience.

1. Keep limit upto- 15-20
2. Try to Follow your competitors followers
3. Unfollow those who don't follow you back after few days

Keep step 1 and 3, till you don't get good amount of followers. Also follow those people who are active in twitter because those users can see and like and retweet your tweets. Avoid spammy types of twitter profiles. Always use twitter tools to regular monitor your progress which is easily available in google.

Jen

I have a fairly new twitter account and I have been following a couple hundred or more every day and have not had any problems yet. I don't know if they have a daily limit of some sort but the second day I had the account I followed more than 500 and there were not any problems.

FoxMetrics

It also depends on the total amount of followers you have. There are certain tiers, breaking past them opens up your account to new availability. Find a rhythm and keep it. Consistency over time will build your following. Are you following people to get followed back and build your own followers? If so be sure to unfollow those who do not follow you back. Crowdfire is a good tool for this, in the free version they let you unfollow up to hundred people in 24 hours. Paid version you can unfollow everyone. Social Quant dot net is a great source if you want to grow your account automated but still by actual people. With their 14 day free trial they also have a training that is very insightful into twitter. You can learn a lot from them.

Polymath

Polymath
Do you use them yourself?

I don't know anything about them other than I get a lot of spam messages on Twitter about Social Quant and a link to the website.

taxlawyerla

My accounts are 3 months old and I follow 20 people a day especially competitors followers.

Amy Richardson

50 - 100 per day will be safe. Try to follow just very activ persons then it will be ok, without ban ;)

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Marc van Leeuwen
This will work if you are using an auto tool or doing it on new Twitter accounts.
If you have an old Twitter account with some thousands of followers, you can follow hundreds of followers daily without a problem, of course is you need to do it manually.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views