Please review my blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

crzyoverlord

Please review my blog nichecheats.com. I just started it last week and I'm already getting some serious traffic. Tell me what you guys think?

Steve32

Site looks good with clean layouts.
The logo is a thing needs to be improve to make it stronger. Also you need to add more articles to your blog if you want to improve search engines' rankings and getting more visitors.
Your social network accounts also need to be done for your site.

Just my 0.02 cents!

crzyoverlord

Yeah. I need to connect my website with my social networking sites. I'm working on some articles as we speak, haha. The logo looks thin. I'll make it bigger.

TCoder

The design is clean, but the font is a little small and the gray is a little light on the links, makes it hard for me to read.

Ron Killian

I agree, the text is a little too light. Not that easy to see.

Also, might be good to show a little more of a snippet of each article on the main page. Recent posts titles look pretty good, older ones not so much. "Flipping Websites" and "Learn SEO" are quite blah.

Top opt in bar is not going to get many subscribers. "Join Our Newsletter Today For Free" is not enticing at all. Why? What do they get? Plus too many sites use something like that. And Subscribe Now is not the best button text.

Looked at the 14 odd ways and the post looks pretty good, lots of images, though maybe a little too much, too big? Also, you really need to get your own images. Just doesn't look the best, or as professional to use the branded images. You promoting shutterstock for sure. Plus any one shares those images or pins them, your address won't be on them.

Might want to think about a social bar that floats along with the readers, usually get better click through. The social icons in the sidebar, wouldn't hurt to have a call to action, tell them to share of connect.

Just my opinions. But looks pretty good so far. :)

Rob Whisonant

I have to also agree that the font color is way to light. It's hard to read.

Also the Home button in the menu is not linked to the main page. When you are on a secondary page, clicking it does nothing.

I did also notice sometimes the footer did not load. Possibly a plug-in hanging it up occasionally.

crzyoverlord

crzyoverlord
Guys, thank you for the valuable input. My blog is having some issues in the design department and I'm going to fix the title on some of my articles. It seems rather boring. @Ron Killian, the Shutterstock images are big, but I couldn't find any high quality images for free. I will have to make my own images from Photoshop. I didn't realize I was promoting their brand.

ulterios

ulterios
You can also check out creativecommons.org for images that are free to use. You can search by license type and even find images that you can alter/change/modify as you see fit for your specific needs.

Ron Killian

Ron Killian
Ulterios gave you a good suggestion. Another place is freeimages.com. Though honestly it's often hard to find good blog images on that site. And you have to watch out for the rights, even though they are free, they can have some restrictions.

For me, I almost always buy my images now. I was just wasting some much time going through free image sites, way too much time. Now, i hope over to my favorite, fotolia, search and find plenty of good images quickly. And it's not like your buying 100's of images at a time, so it's not a big expense. But I do think quality images can make a difference, make your blog more professional. Plus your looking for images for your blog, so they don't need to be huge, which usually means a cheaper price if you buy.

Big thing you want images you can put your url on, so if they get shared, your site is on them. Well, sure you know that :)

As far as my comment about the images being so big, just might distract from your content. Course it's your site, your choice. Just an opinion.

Hawker

Hey man. Nice clean looking site. I wasn't really impressed by the large header area and large menu area. Do you really need that much space for a simple logo and some links? Anyway checked out your content and that's quite good. Found some really good gems actually cheers! So I'd say, try to make better use of the header, less padding around the logo and links. Also, you should have a contact page, about us page? Put them as footer links. Also put a sitemap up and feed people can subscribe to as well as your newsletter. The form at the top of site I don't like. I don't like it when the first I see on a site is when they are asking ME for something. First it needs to offer me something. And then I will give it my email and subscribe. Anyway I like what you're doing and will keep my eye on you! :D

Cheers!

FreebieBoy34

Hey there! Just checked out your site and the design looks totally amazing! The layout is neatly done and the articles are informative (was able to read some of them). One suggestion though, please look for a better title if you write more blog articles in the future. Make it more distinct yet catchy at the same time. I'm sorry if have to share this since "XX Ways To Earn Money Online" is a very common title. I've seen a lot of this in other sites already... Other than that, you're good! Keep it up!:)

crzyoverlord

My blog didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, so I now am running my own t-shire store at blurtees.

Rob Whisonant

Since the site is no longer available to view I am going to close this thread to further responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views