Site Multilingual and SEO

empresa87

Hello everyone.
Recently that I'll comessar a new project where I try to access other markets and countries. The site will have three languages.

We all know that it is important to have backlinks from sites in the same niche and the same language. But how does this work on a site Multilingual? The google know the difference? It is possible to rank well in these three languages?

I liked to hear some pros and cons.

By the way, I'll use the WPML plugin. I think it's the best option.

hynds

Yes it is the best plugin now on Wordpress multi languages. Below you can find some tips on optimizing a multilingual site so that it will be found in search results for multiple languages.

Choose one language as the main language.
This should be the language of the site's home page. Our tips will help with both languages with regards to SEO, but will help the main language more than the secondary.

Use one language per page.
This is strongly recommended by search engines. Make sure to use only a single language for:
Text on the page
Image file names, titles and descriptions
Your page keywords.
Add external links to other websites in the same language only.
This helps build the SEO power of each language separately. For example, the Spanish page on your Wix site should only have external links to Spanish websites.

Link each corresponding page instead of having one universal link.
For example, the About page in English should link to the About page in Spanish, rather than the Home page in Spanish. Instead of having a row of flags that appear on all pages of the site and link to every language's Home page, it is better to have a row of flag buttons that appear several times, one time per page and link to the corresponding pages.

Create separate sites for each language.
You can then acquire domains with the relevant extension for each language. For example, you can have both www.yourdomain.en (English) and www.yourdomain.es (Spanish), and connect each domain to the corresponding Wix site. You can find the complete list of domain suffixes to choose when registering your domain here. Please note that if you choose this method, you must upgrade each site separately.

Hope this helps.

empresa87

The idea is to be a single domain, so I was a little confused when you said to buy a domain for each language.
I was wondering if there are cons to concentrate the site in one domain. It will be better for SEO?

Now I understand because it seems a bit confusing. The post was copied from Wix page. I appreciate the genuine comments.

markbatham

Hello everyone.
Recently that I'll comessar a new project where I try to access other markets and countries. The site will have three languages.

We all know that it is important to have backlinks from sites in the same niche and the same language. But how does this work on a site Multilingual? The google know the difference? It is possible to rank well in these three languages?

I liked to hear some pros and cons.

See the detailed explanation about managing multilingual sites.
The complete guide provided by google itself.
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/182192?hl=en

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.